Regular menstruation is an important sign of female reproductive health. But, despite all the naturalness of this physiological process, it introduces a certain discomfort into the life of a woman and significantly affects the usual rhythm of her life. Most women use hygienic pads during their periods of habit, but in some cases this protection is not enough. A visit to the pool, vacation at sea, a party at the club - situations in which the use of an alternative method of protection can be an excellent solution. In this article we will talk about how to properly use tampons.
What is a tampon?
Hygienic tampons are rolls of compressed cotton and viscose used by women during menstruation to absorb bleeding. The tampon is located in the vagina, where it is held securely with the help of muscles. This hygiene product has excellent absorbing properties, and if the tampon is chosen and installed correctly, then it reliably protects against leaks and allows you to lead a normal life. With it you can wear any outfit and not worry about their appearance. Learn more about what a tampon is.
When not to do without him?
The advantages of using this method of protection are difficult to overestimate in situations where it is important to maintain the ability to actively move or there is a need to wear tight-fitting clothing made in bright colors.
For example, critical days may fall on vacation time, an important event, a business trip, a long journey, when using pads does not provide reliable protection and does not provide a woman with confidence.
What are tampons
Hygienic means designed to absorb menstrual flow. It is made of compressed cotton and viscose, giving the product a cylindrical shape. After insertion into the vagina, it takes its shape and gradually swells, absorbing secretions. The length of the product is 5 cm, and the diameter is from 1.5 to 2 cm. A cord is sewn into the cylinder, pulling on which you can easily remove the product after use.
Since the tampon is well maintained by the vaginal muscles, it cannot “get lost” or fall out. This means of hygiene is very convenient, reliably protects underwear and clothing from leaks, perfectly absorbs odors and allows you to not limit physical activity during menstruation. But this is all provided that you know how to insert the tampon and how often it should be changed.
Applicator - needed or not
All hygiene tampons can be divided into two types: with and without applicator. It is believed that the applicator facilitates the introduction, because it eliminates the ingestion of infection and allows you to better determine the necessary depth of stay in the vagina. But many girls do not consider it necessary to pay extra money and prefer to use products without an applicator, believing that they will figure out how to insert a tampon correctly without it. One conclusion can be made: each girl decides for herself which option is preferable for her.
Types of tampons
In terms of absorbency and size, tampons can be divided into:
- Mini - for scanty discharge, recommended for girls, as well as on the last days of menstruation,
- Normal / Regular - for medium volume discharge,
- Super - for heavy bleeding, usually on the 2nd day of the cycle,
- Super Plus - for very strong discharge.
Large selection of sizes will allow the girl to quickly learn how to determine which products will be preferable on a particular day of the menstrual cycle.
Tampax, o.b., Kotex tampons have proven themselves well.
Learning to insert a tampon correctly
Many women would love to use tampons, but are not sure of the correctness of their actions. Meanwhile, learning how to properly use tampons during menstruation will not be difficult. Your actions should be as follows:
- Choose the tampon that best suits the day of the cycle. It is undesirable to use Super-sized products with a slight discharge or Mini with heavy bleeding.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap. If this is not possible, use sanitary napkins. Remember that during menstruation the body becomes especially susceptible to infections.
- Take a comfortable posture. You can put your foot on the toilet or the edge of the bath or sit down a little, with his legs apart. Body muscles should be as relaxed as possible. Excessive anxiety or worry only complicates the process.
- Remove the swab from the packaging. Holding it with your thumb and middle finger, slowly enter into the vagina. If you are using the product with an applicator, the index finger should be at its end, where the thread begins.
- Push the thickened part of the applicator into the vagina with the same unhurried movements until your fingers touch the labia.
- Pull out the applicator and discard it. To check whether you entered the tampon correctly, you need to slightly pull the thread. It should be outside the vagina.
The most important rule is that if immediately after the injection you do not feel a tampon inside the body, this means that its introduction has been successful. If the girl is experiencing discomfort, pain, difficulty in moving, the tampon should be immediately removed and the procedure repeated with a new product. Re-introduction of the same product is unacceptable, besides, it is inappropriate, since it will no longer perform its task.
How to use the tampon for the first time
After trying to insert a tampon several times, each girl is convinced that it is very simple. But the first experience can bring a certain excitement and uncertainty. How to insert a tampon to girls quickly and painlessly? First of all, you need to calm down and make sure that the young girl does not confuse the entrance to the vagina with the urethra. Then insert the tampon, following our recommendations outlined above. For the first time it is better to use the product with an applicator.
The optimal time for the first experience with the use of funds - the second day of the menstrual cycle, when the selection is most abundant and the introduction of a tampon is faster and easier. Very young girls will be helpful to help mom or older sister.
Another question that often troubles girls is how safe it is to use these hygiene products for virgins. These remedies are not capable of damaging the hymen, as their diameter is much smaller than its opening. In addition, the hymen itself is very plastic and well stretchable, and in some girls it is completely destroyed only during childbirth.
If the girl still has psychological fears, we can recommend the use of Mini and Normal tampons. Some manufacturers produce special products for teens.
If you have any questions, see how to insert a tampon, you can on the video.
Learning to extract correctly
How to remove the tampon? You only need to remove it with clean hands! To do this, find the hanging thread and slowly pull it. The tampon will be removed without effort and pain. If during the process a girl experiences a certain discomfort, it means that the tampon was soaked only partially and remained dry. In the future, you need to go to the tool with a smaller amount of absorption.
Do not be afraid to pull the thread, it is securely sewn into a tampon and can not tear. If this does happen, you need to remove it with your hands. Manufacturers are convinced that the used product can be drained into the toilet. If you are not sure about the reliability of your sewer pipes, it is better to throw it away, wrapped in toilet paper.
General rules for using tampons
Despite the fact that learning how to insert a tampon is easy, the use of this hygienic product requires knowledge of some rules:
- change tampons at least 4-6 hours, and with abundant secretions and more often,
- alternate the use of tampons and pads,
- at night to prefer gaskets,
- the tampon can be used exclusively on menstruation days,
- with very strong discharge better insure the gasket,
- Remember that a product cannot “get stuck”, but this does not mean that you can forget about it,
- if the tampon accidentally fell to the floor, it is better to use another.
Another question that often arises is how to go to the toilet with a tampon. It does not make sense to change the remedy at each visit to the restroom, since it is located in the vagina, which does not take part in the process of urination and defecation.
Most girls and women enjoy using tampons. But we must not forget about the existence of contraindications to their introduction:
- hypersensitivity of the body to the composition of the product,
- inflammatory diseases of the vagina, accompanied by itching and swelling,
- vaginal dryness (usually seen in premenopausal women),
- abnormalities of the structure of the vagina.
Tampons are not temporarily used after abdominal or laparoscopic operations and during the rehabilitation period after vaginal plasty.
Toxic shock syndrome
This serious illness, toxic shock syndrome, has been known for a long time. There is an assumption that it may be caused by frequent use of tampons. The disease provokes Staphylococcus aureus. It always begins acutely and is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- muscle and joint pain,
- cramps in the lower abdomen,
- headache and dizziness,
- increased body temperature and fever,
- a sharp drop in blood pressure
- indigestion, nausea, vomiting.
In severe cases, the disease can lead to loss of consciousness and even death.
What are the reasons for associating the risk of getting toxic shock syndrome with tampons? According to statistics, the majority of cases were women who used similar hygiene products. However, there is no reliable data on the direct relationship between these two factors. In addition, the disease is also found among men and children.
Recent labor, surgeries, and severe respiratory diseases can provoke TSS.
How to prevent inflammation
However, the use of tampons involves the observance of the precautionary rules. In no case can not leave a tampon in the vagina for more than 8 hours, even with minor secretions. It should not be the only means of hygiene at the time of menstruation, from time to time it is recommended to replace it with gaskets. Before each introduction of a new tampon, you need to thoroughly wash the genitals.
Even if you think that you already know everything about tampons, before using them read the additional instructions. Time does not stand still, new clinical studies are being conducted, so it is possible that the instruction will contain new information for you that may be useful.
Can I use tampons after childbirth?
No you can not. Tampons are only for menstruation, and bleeding after delivery is not menstruation. Very often, there are cracks and even tears in the vagina, so insertion of a tampon can be painful. In addition, the uterus after childbirth is a blood surface that is vulnerable to the effects of infections. The use of tampons in the first weeks after delivery increases the risk of getting toxic shock syndrome.
Is it possible to use tampons in the presence of an intrauterine device?
Yes you can. The swab is inserted into the lower part of the vagina, and the helix is in the uterus. It is impossible to touch or displace it when inserting a tampon.
My soulful gift for today is Lang Lang. F. Liszt - Dreams of love . Amazing Chinese pianist, with whom I introduced you to the blog, and amazing music.
What are tampons and why they are needed
A tampon is a hygiene product that is designed to absorb menstrual flow. It is a miniature roll made of viscose and cotton. A special cord comes out of its base, which helps to easily remove hygiene products from the vagina.
These products are used for menstruation. They are inserted into the vagina, where hygiene products are retained by the muscles. They have excellent absorbing properties. With proper selection and introduction of tampons for women become imperceptible.
Given the huge popularity of sanitary pads, girls still wonder why they need a tampon.
In cases where the period began on an important, crucial day, and you need to look perfect, you cannot do without this tool. Thanks to him, a woman can wear any clothes and even go to the pool during menstruation.
More information about the types of women's tampons you can get by reading our separate article on the site.
Before using tampons for the first time, you need to read the instructions that are present on each package. It contains information about where to insert tampons, how deep and how often they need to be changed. Only after getting acquainted with all the basic rules, you can proceed to the first introduction.
Even before inserting a tampon into the vagina, you need to perform a number of hygienic procedures, thoroughly wash your hands and genitals. This rule should be strictly followed, as there is a risk of infection in the genital tract that can cause a number of undesirable consequences.
It is not always possible to put the product correctly on the first attempt. If you perform these manipulations several times, there will be enough experience and skill, and accordingly, problems with the use of these devices will not arise.
At the first introduction of hygiene products, girls experience minor discomfort, which is considered normal. The body gradually becomes accustomed to the presence of a foreign object, the discomfort disappears. However, if not properly administered, it will be painful to insert a tampon.
If there is a strong discomfort, aggravated when walking, then leave a hygienic in this position is impossible. It must be completely removed or tried to push a little deeper.
Tampons should be used, following the rules. Unlike gaskets, changing the tampon should be done every 3-4 hours. Longer use of one product is strongly discouraged.
How to insert a tampon with an applicator
To properly use the swab with an applicator, you need to adhere to the following scheme:
- Choose a comfortable position, sitting on the toilet, lifting one leg or squatting.
- With one hand gently push the labia.
- With the other hand, start inserting the tampon, but not completely. Only the upper part of it is placed inside.
- Slide the bottom part with your finger.
- Remove the applicator.
How to insert tampons without applicator
To learn how to correctly insert tampons that are not equipped with an applicator, you must perform the following steps:
- Remove the hygiene product from the packaging and remove the film from it.
- Pull the cord and make sure that it is firmly fixed.
- Take a comfortable posture.
- In one hand, take the product, and the other push the labia.
- Proceed to the introduction of a vaginal swab at an angle of 45 degrees in the direction of the spine, pressing your finger on the recess in the place where the cord is attached.
Do not insert the tampon too deep. It is enough to push it a distance equal to the length of the index finger. In this position, it is almost not felt.
How to make the right choice
From the correct choice and use of the product directly depends on how comfortable a woman will feel during menstruation. The first thing you need to pay attention to is size. Hygiene products with a minimum amount can leak with abundant secretions, and excessively large often cause a feeling of discomfort. It is recommended in the first days to use devices that can absorb maximum fluid., then replace with medium volume, and in recent days you can use the smallest.
Particular attention should be paid to the surface of hygiene products. From this depends directly what sensations appear after its introduction inside. For the manufacture of applied viscose, cotton or a mixture of these materials. Some products are equipped with spirals and grooves, creating additional protection against leakage.
Not less important point of the rules of choice is ease of use. Here, not only the shape, but also the presence of the applicator is taken into account. The introduction of a tampon for girls is sometimes very problematic. Using the applicator, these actions are much easier to perform.
Before you start using the selected tool, you need to carefully study the instructions for use. The product in the vagina should not be felt. If there is even a slight discomfort, then most likely it was not possible to select the appropriate device. It is also possible that it was entered incorrectly.
Possible harm from tampons
The use of tampons is considered safe, but in some cases, women have some problems. Possible harm from these funds:
- The appearance of irritation, the development of candidiasis or vaginitis.In this case, women need to abandon the introduction into the vagina of products during menstruation and resort to the use of gaskets. After the elimination of the problem, you can try tools from another manufacturer.
- Toxic shock syndrome. The consequences of this pathology are quite serious. The reason for its development may be the use of too large products or the late replacement of them. Among the main clinical manifestations of TSS, there are chills, hyperthermia, dizziness, nausea and weakness. It is possible the appearance of urticaria on the skin. In this case, you need as soon as possible to seek help from a doctor.
If a girl has to use a tampon for the first time, then she is interested not only in the way of correct administration of the agent, but also in the features of its extraction. It is recommended to carry out such manipulations a couple of hours after installation. It is necessary to immediately assess the state of the tampon. You may need to pick a smaller or larger volume. In the future, the removal procedure should be carried out at intervals of four hours.
Each product is equipped with a strap along the entire length. With it, it is possible to extract the used tool painlessly and quickly. You just need to pull the thread - and the product will be outside. It remains only to dispose of it.
Each time before the introduction should check the strength of the lace. It happens that when it comes to extraction it comes off and the tampon remains inside. In this case, you do not need to use available tools and try to pull out the product yourself. You should immediately consult a doctor who will perform the procedure safely and painlessly.
Many girls are afraid to resort to the use of tampons during menstruation, considering these hygiene products unsafe. In fact, they do not pose any threat to health if they are applied in accordance with all the rules. However, it is not recommended to use them exclusively during menstruation. At night, it is still worth staying on the use of gaskets.
What are the types?
Classify data hygienic products can be on several grounds:
- By design: tampons with and without applicator. The choice of one or another option depends on personal preferences and habits.
- By absorption and size: Mini, Normal, Super, Super Plus. It depends on the choice of this criterion how reliable the protection will be. Too small size with heavy discharge can cause leaks, and too much discomfort in the process of application. Basic rules for beginners
If you still do not have sexual experience, then your option - products format Mini (Lites). They are created specifically for virgins, and can also be used with minor emissions.
The most popular brands are Obi, Koteks, Tampaks, Ola and the novelty of the Russian market hygiene tampons Anna.
Features of use
- How to determine that it is time to replace the hygienic product? When visiting the toilet room, try to pull the cord. If it succumbs easily, you should put a new one, if in response to your action you feel resistance, then the tool can still perform its functions.
- It is best to change the hygienic device every 3-4 hours or as needed. Longer use leads to the active proliferation of bacteria, which often becomes the cause of inflammatory processes.
- It is undesirable to leave a tampon at night, as this can provoke not only inflammation, but also toxic shock syndrome.
- A tampon with an applicator is more hygienic, since its use minimizes the contact of the skin of the hands and the mucous membrane of the genital organs. Women using this type of funds note this positive quality.
- If the discharge is abundant, then you can protect yourself by wearing additional gasket.
- Do not be afraid that the tool can get stuck in the vagina. The anatomical structure of the female genital organs completely eliminates this possibility. Even if the cord designed to remove the product suddenly comes off, you can easily remove the product with your fingers.
- It is necessary to get rid of the used means correctly. Throwing it into the toilet is prohibited. It’s best to wrap it in a paper or bag and place it in a trash can.
- On critical days, it is still better to wear “safe” clothes. Tight-fitting white pants are best worn on other days of the cycle.
If you insert the tampon correctly, it is absolutely not felt inside and does not cause discomfort.
How to insert a tampon virgins?
If you have never used such hygienic products, then your doubts are completely natural. How to insert a tampon, if you do not have intimate experience? The basic rule is caution. The hymen allows you to use these devices. The size of the Mini products is focused on the use of young girls. The main thing is to relax and avoid sudden movements. The question “How to insert a tampon?” Can be answered that the procedure is completely analogous to that performed by a more adult woman.
Sometimes there are non-standard situations when the thread of the product breaks, so it is important to learn how to remove the tampon without a rope if it is stuck.
What scares women in tampons or what fictions about this tool exist?
The main source of horrific stories about using tampons are women's forums, where you can read the most inconceivable versions:
- When a tampon is inserted, a woman may faint, and virgins can generally lose their innocence because of this,
- the use of tampons by young girls can cause onanism and corruption,
- men with disgust relate to women who use this hygienic means
- A tampon is the perfect way to prevent pregnancy.
More advanced tampon haters give medical arguments, arguing that:
- erosion, inflammatory processes of the pelvic organs, endometriosis - all these are the consequences of tampons,
- this hygiene product is impregnated with hazardous chemicals that adversely affect the mucous membrane, eating it,
- a tampon is a kind of cork that closes the vagina and acts as a barrier to blood flow,
- the use of this tool increases the likelihood of venereal diseases and can cause problems with conception.
What is most interesting, most of these statements are ridiculous because of their ignorance. Let's see what the tampons are, what the danger of using them is and how to prevent possible complications.
What are the true facts about tampons?
Due to the fact that many consider tampons to be potentially dangerous, a lot of research has been conducted by manufacturers, independent firms, and also certification bodies. As a result, it was proved that if tampons are used correctly, then:
- tampons do not interfere with the exit of menstrual blood and do not form a plug. When the tampon is soaked, blood passes through it and flows out without effort,
- tampons do not provoke a change in the vaginal flora and the proliferation of bacteria. The environment of the vagina is changing due to menstruation, and not due to the fact that a tampon is inserted,
- These hygiene products are not the cause of rupture of the hymen - the hole for the release of blood in it is about 1.5 cm, and the hymen is very elastic during menstruation. Absorbing moisture, the tampon increases only in length and, when extracted, can not harm a young girl,
- tampons do not cause the development of bad habits of a sexual nature. If it is entered correctly, the woman practically does not feel it, in other words, this remedy is not a provocateur of some pleasant sensations.
Fact. Tampons do not cause the development of dangerous diseases and can not affect the duration of menstruation, because the vagina easily adapts to the size of the tampon and does not come into contact with the uterus, which is superbly protected. And the duration of menstruation and its intensity depends on the physiology, hormone levels, body build, weight, and other internal factors.
- tampons cannot end up in the uterus, get stuck in the vagina or get lost, as many are afraid of. With muscular activity, even too deeply inserted tampon will easily come out on its own. There are also concerns that the lace may come off the tampon. However, it is almost impossible, since this rope can withstand a load of about five kilograms. In addition, it is securely sewn along the entire length of the tampon.
The history of tampons
The first tampons appeared in the early thirties, and their creator was a doctor from America, Earl Haas, who was pushed to such an invention by his wife. The tampon was ordinary cotton wool, which was wrapped in gauze. The product was named tampax, which was translated from English tampon and pack - a tampon and a package. The first tampons had neither a convenient applicator, nor a string for safe removal. Such a novelty at first did not win much fame. A large company Johnson & Johnson abandoned this invention, so the patent was acquired by another company. Production of this tool started in 1936. Today it owns this trademark Procter & Gamble.
In the eighties, becoming more modern, tampons caused a terrible scandal: there were several deaths due to toxic shock. Women used tampons made from synthetic fiber. Of course, after this, numerous studies were carried out, as a result of which it was found that the use of tampons causes the intensive reproduction of bacteria that release dangerous toxins. The restoration of the reputation of this tool occurred only after they began to use materials such as cotton and viscose to make them. Due to this, the risk of toxic shock was reduced to a minimum.
What does a tampon consist of?
Modern tampons are produced in the form of small cylinders of oblong shape, which are pressed from a delicate absorbent material - carefully processed and bleached natural cotton and viscose fibers.
It is necessary to know. A mandatory factor is the presence of a special thread in a tampon, thanks to which it can be easily removed. Many manufacturers add tampons and applicators that help introduce the tool correctly.
There are no hazardous chemical components in tampons. Incidentally, in the pads there are substances that can turn a liquid into a gel. They can cause irritation of the mucous with close contact.
What types of tampons exist?
Today, you can buy tampons not only in a pharmacy, but also in any supermarket. Their range is large enough, which is why many women are lost in their choice and do not know which ones will be the best.
Of course, every girl and woman has her own physiological as well as anatomical features. The differences are in what intensity of discharge observed during menstruation. To make a woman feel more confident and comfortable, you should choose the tampons according to all the rules, taking into account all the possible options for the degree of absorption.
According to the degree of absorption, experts divide tampons into the following categories:
- mini. Such tampons are used with minimal discharge, which does not bring any inconvenience to the woman. They are also recommended to use on the first day of menstruation and on the last
- norm. This category is suitable for women whose discharge may vary from scanty to moderate. Gynecologists recommend the use of such tampons for young girls who do not enter into intimate relationships,
- super. These hygiene products are intended for women who have moderate or very heavy discharge,
- super plus. Tampons from this category should be used if the discharge with monthly is more than the average rate.
Given these indicators and their feelings, you can easily choose exactly those tampons under which a woman can live a full life.
Council You can purchase tampons from several categories and use them on different days of menstruation. The main thing is not to forget to change them more often, so that the body does not begin the reproduction of pathogenic microbes, which can lead to poor health.
Rules for the introduction of the tampon
- In order for a tampon to easily enter the vaginal canal, you should choose the day when the discharge is most intense.
- It is best to insert a tampon while sitting on the toilet. Spread your legs and try to relax your vaginal muscles.
- Position the tampon so that it is between the labia opposite the vagina. After that push it up, because the vaginal canal is located in this direction. Pushing in the other direction, you can feel the pain.
- Press on the outer tube until it is inside at least half. Then push the small tube into the large end.
- When the tampon is in the channel, you can remove the tube.
- Make sure that the thread is clearly visible to use when removing the tampon.
- When the applicator is removed, you need to evaluate your feelings. If you feel that you are hurt or unpleasant, then the tampon is not inserted correctly.
- If the first time you did not cope with the introduction of the tampon, do not be upset. Voltage will only aggravate the situation. Try to relax and everything will work out for you.
What safety rules should be followed when using tampons?
Many gynecologists claim that the use of tampons does not cause any danger if you follow certain rules:
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before using the tampon and afterwards.
- it is necessary to change means every 4-6 hours,
- it is necessary to enter means accurately and only on convenient depth,
- do not remove the tampon if it is not soaked,
- use a tampon is necessary only during menstruation.
However, doctors believe that tampons can not be ideally suited for absolutely all women. The risks are still there:
- In some young girls, the chaff has such a structure that a tampon brings discomfort. In this case, you need to consult with the gynecologist,
- Some women, especially those using oral contraceptives, complain that because of tampons, the vagina becomes very dry. If this happens, you should stop using them to avoid the occurrence of vaginal microcracks,
- tampons should not be used for women who are treated with vaginal preparations. Their effectiveness is reduced due to the fact that tampons have special absorbent properties.
Tampons for menstruation - what is it
Hygienic tampon is a cylindrical product, which consists of fibers of high-quality viscose or cotton. Its direct purpose is to improve the quality of life of girls in the menstrual period.
Convenient inconspicuous trick allows you to go to the gym, pool and the beach. With it you can wear light-fitting outfits. However, there are some contraindications to the use of tampons:
- Vaginal dryness.
- Vaginal infections.
- Anomalies of the development of internal genital organs.
- Childbirth through cesarean section.
- The postpartum period (lochia should come out naturally).
- The specific structure of the hymen (important for girls who are not sexually active).
When choosing tampons need to deal with their size. It is about the amount of discharge that they can absorb. This indicator is marked on the package in the form of drops. For example, the smallest size is comparable to 1 - 2 drops. They are suitable for teenage girls and adult ladies with scanty menstruation.
Cotton cylinders for 3 - 4 drops are capacious products that can absorb a large amount of blood. Some manufacturers mark absorbency with the words:
- Mini - for girls with minor secretions.
- Normal - for consumers with scant or moderate monthly.
- Super - effective with heavy bleeding.
- Super Plus - help out with too heavy periods.
Women who know how to use tampons often acquire several packages at once to ensure their protection and comfort during different periods of menstruation. If at first blood is heavy, it is advisable to put the cylinder on 3 - 4 drops. When the monthly runs out, you can limit 1 - 2 drops.
The wrong choice and rough handling of a tampon leads to the formation of microcracks in the vaginal mucosa. Pathogenic bacteria easily penetrate the damaged surface, causing cervical erosion or toxic shock syndrome.
Can virgins use tampons
As a rule, the first menstrual periods in girls are aged 11-14 years. By this time, the diameter of the vaginal opening is 1.5 - 2 cm. It coincides with the maximum size of the tampon (there is no cylinder wider than 1.5 cm). The hymen does not completely close the vagina. For the outflow of mucus and bloody discharge, nature provides a hole.
It’s easy to figure out how to insert tampons for girls. It is enough to buy the size "mini" or "standard".
To hygienic tool easily slipped into the genital slit, experts advise to buy tampons with applicators. Strictly following the instructions and careful actions are not dangerous for the hymen.At its discretion, the girl can use from the first days of monthly tampons of different companies (Ola, Koteks, Libress, Ob, Tampax). The main thing is that the absorbency of the product does not exceed 3 drops.
Because of their inexperience, young ladies are also interested in whether it is possible to go to the toilet with a tampon in the vagina. If the hygiene product has changed recently, it makes no sense to remove it and subsequently install a new one. The presence of a tampon inside the body does not affect the processes of urination and bowel movements. You can hold the rope with your hand so that it does not get dirty with feces.
Both young girls and adult women who are planning to use tampons for the first time are always interested in the question of the duration of exploitation, that is, how much time a protective article can be worn.
Whether it is time to change the tampon, you can understand, gently pulling the cord. If the cylinder is not recoverable, it means that it has not yet been sufficiently saturated with physiological fluids. If the product comes out of the genital tract without any problems, it means that it’s time to put in a new tampon.
The question of time can be viewed in a different way:
- If the tampon was placed recently and did not pass 4 hours, as it completely got dirty, you need to pick up a product of greater absorbency.
- According to the instructions, it is necessary to change cotton cylinders every 4 to 6 hours (maximum - 8).
It is undesirable to put a tampon at night, since it will be in the vagina for a long time. For the prevention of blood stagnation and toxic shock syndrome, it is better to attach a long “night” pad to the panties. It will protect the underwear and bed from leaks and keep health. In the morning you should wash and insert a tampon.
The choice of tampon brand depends on the individual preferences of the consumer and the characteristics of the organism. The classic option is Tampax. Cylinders of this company are made of cotton and equipped with plastic applicators. Both virgins and adult ladies can use them.
The first use of the tampon: how to do it right
It does not matter for what reason a woman wants to abandon the pads. The main thing is for her to know how to use tampons for the first time.
Once having dealt with this simple procedure, each subsequent use of a hygienic product will no longer cause difficulties. Modern products are of two types - with and without applicator. We give a little instruction that will help you use them correctly.
Convenient tampons with an applicator (cardboard or plastic) are allowed to be inserted into the vagina only with clean hands. You must select a position for a comfortable introduction. You can sit down or put one foot on a small hill. Some women put tampons on the toilet.
What to do next:
- Take up the narrow part of the applicator.
- Push the product into the vagina with a round end.
- Promote the product until the fingers touch the genitals.
- Press the protruding end of the applicator with your index finger.
- Remove the applicator tubes, leaving the cord outside.
The lack of discomfort inside says about the correct formulation of the tampon. If the product is in that part of the vagina, which is practically devoid of nerve endings, there will be no pain or discomfort. The remedy will not be able to, because it is retained by the muscles of the vagina and pelvis.
Video instruction: how to use with the applicator.
Consider how to properly insert a tampon, if it does not have an applicator:
- Wash hands thoroughly and take a comfortable position.
- Open the individual package and straighten the rope.
- Take a tampon with two fingers.
- Use your second hand to separate the labia to the side.
- Gently insert the tampon, pushing it with your index finger towards the waist.
- Change the position of the body or the angle of introduction, if the product came across an obstacle.
- Leave the rope outside the vagina.
The discomfort and feeling of incomplete presence of the tampon inside the body, as well as, if the product partially sticks out of the vagina, indicates its wrong location. You can correct the situation by pushing the tool with your finger inside. Movement should be light and painless.
A tampon falls out of the vagina a few hours after the injection? Most likely, it is already full. Pull lightly on the cord and remove the product. Wash or rub with wet wipes and insert a clean cylinder.
Safe tampon removal
Do not be afraid that the swelling of the remedy means will not work out. To get a tampon is not difficult. There are no strict rules here.
You need to wash your hands with soap and take a posture that is convenient to remove. The next step is to pull the string. Wrap the dropped product and throw it away. Wash soiled organs and stick in a new tampon.
If you cannot get a stuck swab, there can be two reasons:
- The thread came off.
- The cord was not straightened before the introduction of the tampon, so it was inside.
How to pull out a tampon without a rope by yourself, without resorting to the help of a doctor:
- Wash the hands.
- Retire and relax.
- Squat down and plunge the middle and index fingers into the vagina.
- Feel like a bowel movement.
- Feel for the edge of the compressed product and grab onto it.
- Slowly pull out the product.
If the cylinder cannot be reached due to vaginal spasms that occur reflexively, it is necessary to relax the body, but slightly tighten the muscles of the lower part of the body. The product will slip out by itself.
In women with dry genital tract, tampon sticking is due to its sticking to the vaginal walls. Extraction in this case is painful. To avoid discomfort, experts recommend waiting a few hours. The means maximally moistened with secretions will be obtained quickly by pulling the lanyard.
Owners of long nails cannot insert their fingers into the vagina, otherwise delicate tissues will be injured. Remove the tampon will be successful. However, if this action did not help, you should contact your gynecologist within 8 hours. Remember that a long stay of the bloody cylinder inside the body creates the conditions for the development of the inflammatory process.
Why there is discomfort because of a tampon
After reviewing the information on how to insert a tampon, some women subsequently complain that the product causes discomfort inside. Discomfort is aggravated by walking, lying or sitting. It is explained by the incorrect formulation of the product and the overstressing of the muscles responsible for its retention.
The newly inserted tampon can be pulled out and tried to shove again. The body must be in a position different from the first time. All actions should be performed in a relaxed state. If the tool still does not want to enter, as expected, it must be disposed of and use a new one. Disadvantages after the introduction of the tampon are often experienced by Kotex customers. They can advise Tampax with an applicator.
If no methods do not relieve a woman from discomfort, most likely, hygienic tampons are not suitable for her. There is only one way out - to use gaskets with protective wings. They are intended for menstruation.
Knowing where to insert a tampon and after what time to extract it, a modern woman should listen to the opinion of doctors, read reviews and follow useful recommendations.
- Always use means according to the volume of discharge.
- Buy quality products of popular companies. It has few chemical and synthetic components.
- Prefer tampons white. On a light background, the discharge characteristic of gynecological pathologies is clearly visible.
- Use tampons in the afternoon, not forgetting to change them every 4 - 6 - 8 hours.
- Protect the underwear with a daily gasket if increased activity is planned (sports, dancing, long walks).
- Stock up with tampons for 3 - 4 drops, if you plan to hike in the pool or a trip to the sea. In the presence of scanty discharge, the remedy will receive the missing moisture from water. Considering his tendency to swell, it is possible to stay in a reservoir for no longer than 20–30 minutes.
As for young girls who are looking at different means of hygiene, they should not use tampons for menarche. The cycle is established within 1 - 2 years. At this time it is better to use gaskets. When menstruation is adjusted, tampons can be used if desired. However, with heavy bleeding, it is better to refuse them.
Rules for the selection of tampons and their use (video)
Hygienic tampons - a very useful and convenient invention, which facilitates the lives of women during menstruation. However, not all of the fair sex think so, because they simply do not know how to absorb and use tampons or be afraid to read the myths about the tool on the Internet. Opponents of tampons claim that they can violate the hymen, interfere with the normal outflow of blood, cause serious illness, can cause debauchery, and so on. However, all this is just fiction.
Tampons - a safe tool that is made of cotton and viscose fiber, not containing chemical components. The choice of tampons depends on the intensity of discharge during menstruation. To date, there are several categories of this tool: mini, rate, super and super plus. You can use tampons from several categories on different days of the cycle.
Rules for the introduction of the tampon are described in the instructions to the tool. Be sure to review them before use. If you did not succeed in inserting a tampon into the vagina the first time, do not be discouraged. Try to relax and try again.
Wash your hands before each use. After the introduction should not occur discomfort. If there is discomfort, then the tool is used incorrectly. Be sure to change the tampon every 4-6 hours to prevent leakage and prevent the growth of bacteria. Observing all the rules, you will feel confident and comfortable on critical days, and a tampon will become your indispensable assistant.