Every woman who cares about her health and wants to save on the use of personal care products during the menstruation period should pay attention to such means as the menstrual individual cup. But such a tool is not suitable for every woman, so you should consult with your gynecologist before buying.
The menstrual cup is a modern feminine hygiene product.
What is an individual menstrual cup? How to choose and use. Benefits of use and disadvantages
The menstrual cup is a specific container into which the menstrual blood flows down the walls of the vagina. The bell-shaped bowl was patented as far back as 1932. Most women of the time and now do not use this invention, and about him unfairly forgotten. The container is made of latex and other components that are not capable of causing allergic reactions in women. The most common material is medical silicone.
Menstrual cup is of two types:
- Bowl in bell shape. It is made of medical grade silicone. This vessel is subject to individual use, which requires replacement every year.
- Cup 2 type is made of polyethylene, and can be both disposable and reusable. It is a definite diaphragm-shaped contraceptive - the menstrual cap.
Menstrual cap made of polyethylene
How to use this hygiene product
Each individual cup attached instructions. Each instruction contains tips on its use. But since this tool is not popular, most women will need some time to get used to such a personal care product. A woman may need 2 to 4 menstrual cycles to master the menstrual cup. At first it may seem that the design of this product itself is quite large, and differs significantly from the diameter of the tampon. At the first introduction, the procedure may seem complicated, for this you need to practice. The bowl can be folded in various ways without damage, and the woman should independently choose the option necessary for her.
Once a woman gets used to installing the cup in the vagina, it is necessary to choose an individual size, and then this means of hygiene will not cause discomfort.
The menstrual cup contains more blood than other personal hygiene products, so its use lasts much longer. The average capacity involves filling up to 40 ml milliliters of menstrual blood. The bowl is removed every 10 hours, but if the filling is faster, then change it more often. After the bowl is removed, it must be washed from the discharge using a pH of neutral soap. After it dries, it can be reinstalled. It is recommended at the end of each month to boil the mouthpiece for a few minutes. In order to clean the silicone bowl you can not use chemical abrasives or mechanical sharp objects that can damage it. With such proper care, the menstrual cup can last more than a year.
Cleaning the menstrual cup should end with boiling
There are only two bowl sizes on the market. Small is designed for women who have not given birth and is a small cap. A large is designed for women who have already given birth, or crossed the threshold of 30 years. Convenience when using the menstrual cup depends on how well you choose this hygiene product. The size is calculated from the indicators of the length of the cap and its circumference. If a woman knows how the cervix is located, this simplifies the procedure for selecting the size.
You can determine the location of the uterus without the help of a specialist: wear sterile gloves and insert the middle finger into the vagina, if it is easy to reach the uterus, a small size is suitable for a woman.
But in order to choose the most convenient option, you need to consult with a specialist and try at least a few options. If you are serious about choosing, you should take into account the indicator of softness and hardness of the material. Some cups are tougher and suitable for women who have developed vaginal muscles or for those who have not yet given birth.
Older women fit a big bowl
The benefits of using this personal protective equipment
When using any means of hygiene during menstruation, it is very important to preserve naturalness. Thus, the use of the menstrual cap helps the vaginal microflora to exist in this period in a natural mode, keeping the walls moist. This process helps protect the internal organs of the female reproductive system from infection and various mechanical damage. Made cap from medical inert materials. Pathogenic bacteria have nowhere to be located and multiply.
Such hygiene products do not contain chemically hazardous reagents and toxic bleaches. What can not be said about tampons, which are made of chemically bleaching fibers of viscose, and after a certain processing contain dioxins.
This can trigger toxic shock syndrome. Tampons provoke the development of vaginal dryness and the opening of thresholds for infection. Attitudes of menstrual caps are not observed TSS.
Another advantage of using such hygiene products is the reduction of pain during discharge.
When a woman inserts a mouth guard into the vagina, the vagina clears from the menstrual flow spontaneously, which does not affect the proliferation of bacteria and changes in the vaginal environment. What does not happen if you use tampons. The use of these vessels is hygienic, because after each use it can be sterilized and inserted into a special bag. When using these menstrual vessels, women do not show any odors these days, since the menstrual fluid is separated from the walls of the vagina evenly and precisely into the vessel, without access to bacteria and air.
Using a bowl is simple: in order to clean, you only need water and a pH neutral soap. Then you need to remove the vessel in a special bag until the next application.
After use, the bowl hides in the bag
What is the menstrual cup is already clear, but some points are unclear, one of them is whether it is convenient to use. When a woman wants to replace her personal hygiene products that are accustomed to use with a special menstrual cap, a good doctor will focus on convenience. The vessel can be worn for a long period, and change depending on the intensity of the menstrual flow. It is easy to store, hiding in a bag after use.
Convenience is to use the vessel before the onset of menstruation, which allows you not to miss the beginning and not to remain without protection. The advantage is the ability to use caps at night, it does not leak and allows a woman to feel protected all night.
This means of hygiene is well suited for those days when you can not miss a workout, because when you wear there is no discomfort and does not appear menstrual cramps. Kapa does not provoke bloating, and does not cause discomfort. It is allowed to use the mouth guard when swimming in the pool.
The use of this hygiene product does not imply the presence of a spare vessel, since it cannot overflow or fall out. This is due to the presence of a vacuum with the introduction and retention of the mouthguard due to the muscles.
A bowl is a great choice for swimming in the pool
A good way to save money
Capa is easy to use, and even easier to choose. It is best to read reviews on the Internet, or before you choose to consult with a specialist. On average, a vessel costs about 2000 rubles, which depends on the model and manufacturer. Such investment pays off during the year.
Most manufacturers care about their products and offer a refund if these hygiene products do not suit you. This will allow you to try several options of vessels at once and select an individual solution without investing additional funds.
Scientists have calculated that an average woman spends 16 thousand individual hygiene products in her entire life. A vessel for collecting menstrual flow, under the manufacturer’s warranty, can be used for up to 5 years. This can significantly reduce consumption. And this fact can significantly help the environment.
The production of disposable hygiene for menstruation is associated with the use of synthetic means for the sake of which huge plantations of forests are destroyed. And re-processing of these funds pollutes the environment and requires additional costs of electricity.
One bowl can be used up to five years
Lack of use of the bowl
The use of menstrual Kapa requires special experience from a woman, which can scare off at the initial stage. When attempting to fold, the vessel may slip out and complicate the introduction. If you insert the bowl in the wrong way, or position it at the wrong angle, the menstrual cap may leak. Therefore, you should practice how to put a mouth guard in the shower.
The bowl does not fit every
Although most women claim that such vessels do not leak and are very convenient to use, some of them may feel discomfort:
- Feeling of pressure and pressure on the rectum.
- Feeling of tension in the urethra.
- Most women who use discomfort, note that the pressure when injected into the vagina with a vacuum is too strong.
- The use of such hygiene products is impossible for virgins.
- If it is impossible to use such hygienic means, a woman can try a different way to avoid leakage - reusable pads. This hygiene product is also safe for the woman’s body and the environment.
What is the menstrual cup?
Name occurs "menstrual cup" from english "Menstrual cup". You can meet her other names:
- silicone cup (bowl),
- menstrual cap (cap),
- menstrual cap.
Capes or menstrual cups are small containers. cap made of high quality medical silicone, which are inserted into the vagina during menstruation. They do not absorb (absorb) discharge, like a gasket or a tampon, but collect them according to the calyx principle. They can also be made from latex or thermoplastic elastomer (TPE).
How is the cup held inside?
Silicone cup, like a tampon, is inserted into the vagina by hand. Before you enter the mouth guard, you need to fold it, as shown in the instructions.
Getting into the vagina, the cap opens and holds inside thanks to vaginal muscles and vacuumwhich is formed with the correct introduction of it. A snug fit to the walls of the cervix does not allow spilling the contents of the bowl. The bowl is entered independently by the woman.
- “It was a little difficult for me to introduce the first time a menstrual cup. It took about 15 minutes. But after having practiced several times, I can now do it in about 30 seconds. I use the Ladycup menstrual cup. The main thing when you insert, you need to relax and not strain. Nothing complicated. And one more thing - the first time it is better to try before menstruation. Marina."
The menstrual cup may be in the vagina. from 5 to 12 hours depending on the day of their monthly, their abundance. Removing it is easy. It is enough to press a finger on the side of the bowl with a finger to remove the air vacuum and pull gently by the tail at the bottom of the tray. Empty the entire contents, rinse the bowl and put it back.
The main thing is not to pull the tip!
Is the bowl spilled?
The bowl is like small soft cup about 5 cm in height and 4.5 cm in diameter. The soft material from which it is made does not squeeze or cut into the walls of the vagina. Latex is quite flexible and agile. They can not hurt the walls of the vagina or muscles.
Due to the vacuum, which is formed with the introduction of the menstrual cup, it not only does not fall out, but also does not allow water into the vagina. Therefore, it also protects you while visiting pools from infection from outside.
Tampon and bowl
Unlike tampons, which are very popular among the younger generation, the cup accepts only menstrual flow. She is does not change the state of the vaginal microflora.
At one time, it can hold 2 times more menstrual blood than the most absorbent pad or tampon.
With capa can safely visit the pool, swim in the sea, sunbathe. It does not get wet, like a tampon, and is not bursting from the inside. The blood absorbed by the tampon, in one way or another, comes into contact with the walls of the vagina. When using the bowl, blood flows freely into the container and does not come into contact with the genitals.
Gasket and bowl
Unlike gaskets, the menstrual cup, reviews of which inspire her to buy, does not create a greenhouse effect does not cause irritation. The material from which it is made, reusable and does not require disposal.
An average of 1,200 pads replaces one menstrual cap.
- “I change the cup 3 times in the first days, and in the next I have enough for a whole working day. Of course, I had concerns about whether the contents would be spilled and whether its capacity would be enough. After all, my period is abundant. Believe me, when I take out the cup, it is incomplete. There is still a decent place for discharge. Never has nothing been spilled or leaked. And for that matter, then the gasket can leak, and the tampon too. Are you afraid? For safety can use the gasket. But this is not needed. Kapu need to change only after 8 hours! By the way, in a dream it does not fall out. I have a Mooncup menstrual cap. Kseniya."
Menstrual cup: how to choose the size?
Sometimes those who use bowls have problems because the size of the menstrual cup is incorrectly chosen.
As a rule, they are issued two sizes -S andL. In some firms A and B or 1 and 2.
But there are manufacturers who produce three sizes (MeLuna). One of them is especially for those who have abundant discharge.
In short, S is small menstrual caps for women who have not given birth or for those whose menstruation is not very abundant. L is a bit bigger for those who have already given birth or had surgery on the female genital organs (abortion, for example), as well as for those who have abundant menstruation.
As with the purchase of any product, you need to select the menstrual mouth guard individually. For example, if you are over 30, but you are a small and fragile woman, then you do not need to buy a larger bowl.
In addition, some buyers forget to consider that in addition to the size of the bowl, there is also its the form. Menstrual round bowls and elongated menstrual (drop-shaped) bowls - such shapes are drips.
Round form suitable for women who have a short vagina, and elongated caps - those who have it long.
You can determine the height of your vagina yourself, and make it better before buying a bowl.
To do this, wash your hands and just insert a finger into the vagina. If it touches the neck easily (a solid seal about 5 kopecks in size), then the vagina is short, if you barely reached it, then you have a long vagina.
You can ask to measure the height of the vagina of your gynecologist, at the same time to consult with him about the menstrual cap (or maybe even enlighten him in this matter).
Many suppliers of online stores offer the service of exchange of inappropriate goods. To avoid confusion, some companies offer to cut the mouthpiece and send them to exchange for the desired size.
- “I have long doubted which cup to choose. I decided to take a little one. And I miscalculated. I was upset, but, having contacted the seller, I exchanged the bowl for another. Now everything fits. I am very pleased. And I sympathize with those girls who are afraid to use the novelties. I would like to remind them that tampons and pads also caused confusion among our mothers and grandmothers. Maria."
The site sympaty.net believes that this thing can be convenient during the menstruation period.
If you decide to use the menstrual cup, then do not ignore visiting gynecologist for routine inspection: the effect of cups on a woman’s health is not yet fully understood. There are studies by American and Canadian scientists who assessed the safety and effectiveness of bowls, but these are only initial data. This question is not fully understood.
Menstrual cup: harm, cons
We are sure that you are also interested in possible negative opinions about the use of menstrual cups. To end their effects on the female body not yet studied.
Some gynecologists can not call this tool hygienic. Menstrual cup can cause blood stagnation in the vagina. При температуре 37 градусов и отсутствии доступа кислорода создается среда, благоприятная для размножения бактерий. Поэтому гинекологи советуют менять их не реже, чем через 4 часа.
In contrast, others say that because menstrual blood does not contact with air, there is no breeding ground for bacteria. This is confirmed by the fact that the contents of the menstrual mouthpiece does not have a sharp smell, characteristic of any pathologies.
With menstruation, the cervix opens slightly so that everything flows out of the uterus.
It is possible that when you change the position of the body (for example, at night, during sleep), the accumulated blood will flow back into the uterus. And this, according to some gynecologists, is a direct path to endometriosis, when endometrial cells grow in the wrong place. There is no exact data on this issue. This is a hypothesis that has the right to exist.
If you have intrauterine device, then you may need to consult a doctor before using the cup.
Bowl can cause nthe damage to the hymen therefore, it is still not advised to use virgins.
If you know that you have health problems, and also, if you use tampons is contraindicated, it is better to abandon the menstrual cup. The best option would be reusable cotton pads.
How to store the cup?
Capes or menstrual cups do not require special care. Before first use and further before the start of menstruation, a cup is recommended. boil for 5 minutes.
During menstruation this is not necessary. It is enough to rinse the kap first with cold water, then rinse with soap and rinse again. The bowl is ready to use.
Also on sale are special pills that help sterilize the bowl if it is not possible to boil it. It is convenient when traveling.
The bowl is stored in a special cotton bag that comes with it.
Manufacturers produce bowls of transparent material or colored. As they say consumer reviews, it is better to give preference to transparent, because the color loses its shade. But this is a personal matter.
Many women like the menstrual cup. Reviews of this product are often positive. The most popular companies are Mooncup, LadyCup, Yuuki, Lunette.
Of course, there are those who are suspicious of this hygiene product, but sanitary pads and tampons also have supporters and opponents.
Today menstrual cup not sold in pharmacies, it can be purchased using the services of network marketing.
This novelty is worth about 50-80 dollars. It is easy to calculate that it will pay off in the first year of use. And if we consider that it has been serving for at least 5 - 10 years, then The savings are substantial.
What is a menstrual cup?
A menstrual cup or cap, as it is also called, is a container, which externally represents a small cap that is inserted into the vagina during the period of menstrual discharge. The bowls are usually made of high quality medical silicone, latex or thermoplastic elastomer. There are also disposable menstrual cups, such are made from some kind of polyethylene. The function of the menstrual cup is not to absorb the menstrual flow, as do women's pads or tampons, but only, being a hollow container, collect them.
How is the menstrual cup located in the vagina? The material from which it is made is very flexible and mobile. The cup takes the form of the vagina, and its contact with the walls is not capable of causing injury, irritation and stretching of the muscles.
The mechanism of action of the menstrual cup is that it creates a vacuum in the vagina. With the right introduction, the cup will open up so as to fit tightly against the vaginal muscles. A tight fit to the muscles of the vagina ensures tightness on both sides, which means that not only the menstrual flow does not flow out, but water, for example, does not penetrate from water or pools.
It will take a bit of practice to learn how to insert a mouth guard, but in general such manipulation is not capable of causing difficulties. The cup is inserted by hand, like a tampon. In the manual or video tutorials, you can visually see how the cap folds in the palm of your hand, so that you can later insert it inside. It is also removed quite simply, the main thing is not to immediately pull the existing tail. First you need to press your finger on the cap, and then, when the vacuum space is violated, remove the same tail.
A change in the menstrual cup is shown every 5–12 hours, the specific time depends on the day of the cycle, the amount of discharge, and external circumstances. The time of filling of the bowl depends on its size, however, it is necessary to choose one not as a tampon (depending on the abundance of secretions), but only taking into account its anatomical features. Although several manufacturers of menstrual cups are popular, and each of them is slightly different in size of their products, but any menstrual cups are divided into two groups - size S (A or 1) and size L (B or 2).
Usually these two groups are absolutely enough - the first is for fragile women with no birth, with not very heavy periods, the second is suitable for women who have given birth or undergoing surgical interventions on female genitals (including abortions and scrapes), with heavy periods or large stature . The selection of the menstrual cup is largely individual - for example, even a woman who has given birth, but a miniature woman is better to choose a smaller cup. When choosing a menstrual cup, it will be useful to measure the height of the vagina - this can be done either independently, or (which is better) at a gynecologist's consultation. Leading manufacturers of these products follow these standards:
LadyCup (Czech Republic)
diameter 46 mm, length 53 mm
diameter 40 mm, length 46 mm
Mooncup (Czech Republic)
diameter 43 mm, length 50 mm
diameter 46 mm, length 50 mm
Yuuki (Czech Republic)
diameter 47 mm, length 57 mm
diameter 42 mm, length 48 mm
MeLuna / Melun (Germany)
diameter 45 mm, length 54 mm
diameter 45 mm, length 45 mm
diameter 40 mm, length 40 mm
diameter 46 mm, length 52 mm
diameter 41 mm, length 47 mm
The size of the menstrual cup echoes its shape. There are round and elongated bowls. Round is usually shorter, suitable for women with a short vagina, and elongated - for women with a long one.
The "tails" of the menstrual cups are also different in shape - flat, tubular, in the form of a ball or a ring, and sometimes they are completely absent.
Menstrual cups are available in different colors - they can be a variety of shades, as well as white and transparent. The choice of color of the menstrual cup depends solely on the taste preferences of the woman. In addition, it is worth noting that the colored bowls for a longer period retain an aesthetic appearance, they are not so visible traces of use. But this is bad - on the other hand, their purity is difficult to determine by eye.
Comparing menstrual cup with tampons and gaskets
If you first heard about the menstrual cup, it will certainly cause you to reject. However, adaptation in professional communities has been known for a long time, and many women successfully exploit it. Although the menstrual cup is not without some drawbacks, it has a series of advantages, which we will discuss in more detail later, for now just compare the cap with tampons and pads so familiar to us.
If you are an adherent of gaskets on "these" days, then the advantage of the menstrual cup will be the absence of the so-called "greenhouse effect" and irritations on the skin, a certain discomfort, "compress sensation." In addition, did you think about the problem of disposal of hygiene products? Menstrual cup reusable and does not require disposal several times a day.
In comparison with tampons, the advantage of a mouth guard is that it does not absorb blood, but collects it, being a reservoir. A tampon in rare cases can cause shock, it absorbs not only blood, but also all kinds of mucus and lubricant present in the vagina, along with the microflora contained here. Thus, tampons can change the state of microflora, produce a drying and irritating effect on the mucous membrane. The contact of the walls of the vagina with the material of the tray does not change with the residence time of the cups inside, moreover, contact of the vagina with bloody secretions is excluded.
A maximum of menstrual cups can hold twice as much blood as any pad or tampon. But let's take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of such a device.
Pros and cons of the menstrual cup
We begin the analysis of the menstrual cup with its shortcomings, since its manufacturers and distributors skilfully bypass this view of the product side. Although some drawbacks have every means of female intimate hygiene, and their inept use is fraught with diseases of the genital organs, and menstrual cups are no exception. Among their minuses are the following:
- Lack of clinical studies - menstrual cups were invented about a hundred years ago, but the widespread popularity was never achieved, of course, more popular tampons and pads are being improved. About menstrual cups it is known that they are made of a special material that does not traumatize the vaginal wall, and the structure of the cup itself also interferes. However, it is not quite natural for a prolonged stay of menstrual blood within the reproductive system.
- The risk of bacteria multiplication is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, the bowl is better than a tampon, which also holds blood inside the vagina, but there is air access, which is why reproduction of pathogenic microflora is possible. However, in any case, there is stagnation of blood in the vagina. Vacuum space and lack of oxygen when using the menstrual cup is fraught with the reproduction of anaerobic microorganisms. Moreover, bacteria are at risk of developing in the blood that has come out, which is contained in the gasket. The only way to prevent this is to observe intimate hygiene measures and a gasket / tampon change, as well as a bowl every 4-5 hours.
- Throwing blood into the uterus - the structure of the menstrual cup is such that blood flows freely here, but it can also go back if a woman, for example, lies or more, does physical exercise. During menstruation, the cervix opens, and the return flow of blood into it towards the uterus is fraught with inflammatory processes and endometriosis, which again is not fully understood.
- It will not be recommended to use the menstrual cup for virgins, women with an established intrauterine device and in the presence of any gynecological diseases. Before becoming the owner of this accessory, we strongly recommend discussing it with your gynecologist.
If you are completely healthy and your doctor has no objection regarding the use of the menstrual cup, take into account that problems are unlikely, but still possible:
- introduction and removal of the menstrual cup from the vagina requires certain skills - it is not recommended to use the menstrual cup for the first time on the first day of menstruation, experiment with the product before, follow the instructions,
- even with the correct introduction (for the first time of use), the cup can cause some discomfort and just be felt inside, so it should not be - either the size is incorrectly chosen or the product is installed incorrectly
- the product is quite expensive - on the one hand, its cost can be called profitable, but only on condition that it suits you and will be used for many years (up to 10 years, as manufacturers indicate), but if you don’t get used to the cup, or consider it necessary change more regularly, it’s not entirely profitable,
- It is extremely important to follow the rules of hygiene when using a mouth guard - perhaps its presence inside the vagina and can not remind of itself for hours, but it is better to change the bowl every 4-5 hours, it is almost impossible to do properly on the road, in nature, in any public place, since you need to carefully remove the tray and wash thoroughly,
- in case of non-compliance with hygienic requirements, the use of the menstrual cup is as dangerous as the untimely replacement of gaskets and tampons, that is, the development of bacterial and fungal pathogenic microflora. .
Taking into account all possible risks of using menstrual cups, many women choose them because of a sufficient number of advantages:
- Using the menstrual cup is quite beneficial. It is reusable, and the deadline is estimated at a decade, during which time you can significantly win in money without spending on disposable products. However, the menstrual cup may require replacement and after a few years, moreover, some women never get used to its convenience.
- The use of the menstrual cup is called convenient, since any leakage is excluded, it creates a vacuum space provided the correct location. In addition, the menstrual cup does not cause even the slightest discomfort - the effect of a compress, as in the case of gaskets, and overdrying of the mucous membrane, as when using tampons, is eliminated.
- No need for frequent replacements. Manufacturers of menstrual cups call them a great solution for long trips or at night, saying that there is no need to wake up at night, or change the tool every 4 hours on the road. There are some doubts in terms of hygiene.
- Convenience to travel - and because of not frequent replacement of the device, and because of the appropriateness of swimming, any physical activities. The menstrual cup is completely invisible, unlike a tampon (with a “tail” that risks to look out of a bikini) and even more so from a pad attached to the laundry. Another advantage is the fact that there is no need to load your luggage with hygienic packaging, you just have to take one miniature tray.
- The use of the menstrual cup is called less harmful than gaskets and tampons. In fairness, it must be said that each of these products will be harmless if you follow basic hygiene measures. Menstrual cups do not cause allergies and irritations, vaginal dryness, and the more toxic shock that tampons are capable of. The bowl is made of special materials, its design takes into account the anatomical features of the woman - in general, the bowl is not capable of damaging the walls of the vagina (with proper insertion and extraction!). At the same time, insufficient hygienic processing of the bowl entails the same risk of developing infections.
- Menstrual bowls fall into the category of hygienic products - both in terms of the material from which they are made, and taking into account the frequency with which they are spent. A woman using a menstrual cup does not replenish the ranks of those who throw out disposable pads and tampons and do not think about their disposal.
- Using the menstrual cup gives a feeling of confidence - firstly, its volume and method of placement in the vagina virtually eliminates the likelihood of menstrual flow out, and secondly, the cup can be used on the eve of menstruation, which is especially important when the cycle is irregular.
Subtleties of using menstrual cups
If your choice does stop at the use of the menstrual cup on critical days, then you need to have an idea of how to properly use and store the device. It depends on it the term of its operation and, most importantly, your health.
- after purchasing the product, read the instructions,
- Before the first use of the menstrual cup, boil it for five minutes along with the sterilization tablets intended for it,
- Before touching the cup for subsequent reference, wash your hands thoroughly with detergents,
- for smoother insertion of the calyx into the vagina, it is recommended to moisten it with plain water or water-based lubricant,
- fold the cup four times - first along in half, squeezing it with your thumb and forefinger so that it becomes almost flat, and then crosswise again - insert the maximum squeezed cup into the vagina, where it will open and take a natural position,
- wash your hands well before removing the menstrual cup,
- to extract the cup, it is necessary to break the vacuum effect - first grope and press on the side of the bottom, then pull lightly on the tail, the cup should go out easily,
- empty the cup and rinse it first with cold water to get rid of traces of blood, the use of hot water will lead to solidification of traces on the surface, it is recommended to re-sterilize it (using boiling water and sterilization tablets) before the next insertion of the cup into the vagina
- если не всегда есть возможность стерилизовать менструальную чашу после каждой выемки, то обязательно это нужно делать хотя бы в начале и в конце менструации.
Правила хранения менструальной чаши:
- по завершению критических дней прокипятите капу в воде с добавлением специальных таблеток,
- высушите и оботрите капу бумажным полотенцем,
- for storage of caps use a special bag made of cotton fabric, which usually comes bundled with the first purchase, you can buy it,
- when using the menstrual cup, in addition to the cotton bag, the same sterilization tablets, gel-lubricant, wet wipes (comfortable in the "field conditions") can become additional means.
The menstrual cup is a compact reservoir for collecting discharge during menstruation. This development has not been able to gain wide popularity, although in reality using the menstrual cup is very convenient, simple and effective.
The product can be an excellent substitute if you are allergic to tampons or pads. Menstrual cup made of special materials hypoallergenic type:
- Tep plastic,
- medical silicone.
They are even used for making baby bottles and nipples. Somewhat less bowls are made of latex (natural). Some representatives of the fair sex are allergic to this material, therefore, more harmless and safe types of raw materials are often used.
The product is a small oblong or rounded cup, expanding at the base. On the narrow side is a special pen.
Use menstruation cup should be the same pattern as the swab. The only difference is that when using the cap, the secret is not in contact with the vaginal walls, which helps prevent complications in the form of toxic shock. The bowl is tight enough on the walls of the vagina, so the flow is completely excluded.
At the same time, external factors do not change the position of the tray, because a vacuum is formed inside. With the established bowl, you can even play sports.
Menstrual cups are reusable and disposable. The latter, as a rule, are made of softer and lighter materials. Both varieties can be used night and day. It is only necessary to choose the right size that matches the physiological parameters. In this case, the products do not dry the vaginal mucosa and have no effect on the microflora.
It is very easy to choose pads and tampons. The fair sex is well aware of the absorbency and gradation of such products. Caps, caps and bowls differ from each other in spaciousness and diameters.
Also, the products differ in the shape of the handle. The most common forms are:
Most often, the menstrual cup has an oblong shape, which is sometimes called Tulip. It is possible to choose the optimum size only experimentally, since in this matter everything is very individual. The main thing - using a cup should not cause any discomfort.
Over the years, the dimensions of the menstrual cup will need to be reconfigured, because the vaginal walls lose their elasticity over time, unless you regularly do special gymnastic exercises. As for the material, it all depends on personal preferences.
Advantages and disadvantages
In general, women speak positively about the menstrual cups. Among the advantages are the following:
- caps have no effect on the vaginal microflora,
- products do not contribute to the development of gynecological diseases,
- do not cause the development of pathogenic bacteria,
- absolutely hygienic
- have high efficiency
- significant savings when using reusable products,
- high level of environmental friendliness
- skin irritation and allergies are excluded.
But not without flaws. Of these, it is worth highlighting such:
- it takes a lot of time to choose the right volume and size,
- skills are required in the removal and introduction of the mouth guard during menstruation,
- the vacuum may cause some discomfort during the cycle, so some women prefer not to use these flasks and cups,
- such products are undesirable for use by virgins, because they are able to stretch their weeds.
The right choice can be made if you weigh all the pros and cons of these products. If the menstrual cup is already purchased, then you need to know why and how to use it correctly.
Detailed instructions for use are attached to the product. The rules for the introduction of the bowl are based on the following:
- First, the product is thoroughly disinfected.
- Then you need to wash your hands and choose the optimal posture.
- After that, the cap should be moistened with water and folded in 2 times to a flat shape.
- The labia must be gently parted and a mouthpiece must be placed there so that its tip is about 1–2 cm from the entrance itself.
- Then the bowl is straightened with a pen.
If you insert the bowl correctly, it should not create any discomfort even when changing posture. Remove the product in the reverse order.
Care and cleaning
An important element in the care of the menstruation cup is disinfection before use. For this, the product can be boiled, treated with acetic concentrate, hydrogen peroxide or kept in a water bath.
Store the device in a special case. If you use the bowl correctly, provide it with optimal storage conditions and clean it from time to time, it will last a very long time.
Unfortunately, this tool for intimate hygiene is still in the category of new products. Therefore, it was not yet possible to fully explore its side effects and contraindications. Anyway, when picking up the toilet item, you need to rely solely on your own sensations and body reactions.