Statistics on menopausal disorders indicate that every third woman entering this period is worried about insomnia during menopause. And if at a younger age to cope with a sleep disorder is much easier, then in menopause, to establish sleep is not so easy.
Causes of sleep problems
Sleep disturbance in menopause is caused by a complex of reasons, among which hormonal and psychological ones can be distinguished.
- The main cause of insomnia usually lies in the plane of hormonal disorders. During menopause, there is a decrease in the major hormones that affect women's health: estrogen and progesterone. They also had a perceptible influence on the nervous system. With a decrease in the level of these hormones, the absorption of magnesium, the main element involved in muscle relaxation (muscle relaxation), is disturbed.
- Also, a lack of estrogen provokes nighttime hot flashes and sweating. As an aggravation of these symptoms, apnea and snoring appear. And with a decrease in progesterone - a natural sleeping pill - sleep problems are superimposed on the deterioration of somatic health and lead to persistent sleep disturbance, therefore, menopause and insomnia are constant companions of a woman over fifty.
The psychological factor is most often associated with depressive states, which manifest themselves in varying degrees. The following factors in a woman’s life can aggravate depression:
- high blood pressure,
- use of alcohol, drugs, smoking,
- coffee abuse
- lack of physical activity
- hard work with night shifts.
If these factors are present in a woman’s life, then sleep disturbance is more likely than for those who do not feel their effects on themselves. That is why women with excess weight, abusing tobacco and alcohol tolerate the manifestations of menopause harder. In view of this, it is worth noting that the onset of menopause is inevitable, but how it will be depends on each woman individually.
Features of sleep disorders in women
The emergence of sleep problems in women over 50 is most often one of the manifestations of depression during menopause. Depressive states in one way or another are felt by all the fair sex, since the cessation of the reproductive period automatically brings about thoughts of old age, loss of the social role as a woman - the continuer of the gens.
Not everybody has insomnia - in some women it is practically absent, but another, equally negative symptom prevails. A different category of women practically does not feel any other symptoms of menopause, except for the loss of sleep.
Insomnia can manifest itself in combination with the following symptoms:
- tides in the evening and night
- heart palpitations
- growing anxiety
- increased sweating,
Doctors recommend starting treatment for insomnia with other signs of menopause, otherwise it may appear again.
Signs of sleep problems
Speaking of insomnia, we are accustomed to mean by this the almost complete absence of sleep at night or the prolonged inability to fall asleep. Such symptoms are most characteristic of a healthy person. But for women in menopause, insomnia acts more sophisticated: there are specific symptoms of insomnia, which negatively affect a woman’s health.
A person who sleeps at least eight hours a day is able to restore the body after a working day. Menopausal women experiencing insomnia do not have these eight hours to recover. For such a short time, they suffer from both direct signs of insomnia (inability to fall asleep) and indirect ones. Among the indirect signs of insomnia, we note:
- the emergence of snoring, which was not previously observed, because of what a woman often wakes up at night,
- manifestations of sleepwalking: talking in a dream, walking,
- apnea: holding your breath for more than ten seconds also leads to awakening, the occurrence of panic conditions,
- restless legs syndrome: pain in the legs, itching, restlessness appearing during sleep and leading to awakening,
- panic attacks, in which the woman abruptly jumps out of bed, wakes up with a feeling of anxiety sweeping over her,
- Narcolepsy is a state of non-sleep, the desire to sleep even during the day, and women do fall asleep for a while even during the day.
Indirect symptoms are almost always exacerbated by direct signs of insomnia. Going to bed, women turn over for half an hour and cannot sleep, and even with a successful bedtime they can wake up several times a night, resting only for short breaks. Many women complain that early awakening is a real problem for them when they wake up at three in the morning and cannot fall asleep again.
An interesting fact is that insomnia with menopause is not felt by all women: some fall asleep so deeply that in the morning they do not remember that they slept badly. Signs of insomnia in this case, daytime sleepiness, a feeling of lack of sleep in the morning, fatigue and headaches.
Implications for the body
If insomnia is not eliminated in time, it can lead to negative consequences. This is especially important for the female body, because menopause significantly weakens its defenses, therefore, in case of sleep disturbance, both new diseases and old ones can become exacerbated.
Insomnia during prolonged course leads to the following consequences:
- increased risk of myocardial infarction,
- development of hypertension,
- lowering immunity
- diabetes mellitus
- the appearance of overweight,
- muscle pain
- numbness in the limbs, the appearance of metal taste in the mouth.
A woman experiencing menopause, and without the above-mentioned symptoms, suffers significantly, both physically and mentally. Hormonal changes, aggravated by somatic disorders, lead to prolonged depressions and are difficult to treat.
Methods of getting rid of the problem
Get rid of insomnia by taking one pill, alas, will not work. It must be treated comprehensively: with the help of drugs and lifestyle changes. In order to achieve the first improvements, you can use the following tips:
- Normalization of power - an important factor for the normalization of sleep. A proper and balanced diet will not only help to clear the stomach before bedtime, but will also contribute to an overall weight loss in the presence of its excess. Therefore, women during menopause are recommended to eat lean fish and meat, add more fruits and vegetables to the diet. At night, it is better not to eat heavy food, but to drink a glass of fermented milk product or tea with honey. Coffee and alcohol are prohibited, also can not be smoked before bedtime. The last meal should be a couple of hours before bedtime, and if the feeling of hunger does not leave, you can eat half an apple.
- Enough physical activityl - a prerequisite for normal sleep. Before going to bed, you can walk in the fresh air, and during the day hypodynamia is contraindicated. Even with sedentary work, it is necessary to find time to walk. Women over fifty can do light sport exercises - swimming, water aerobics, fitness, cycling. Include exercise before bedtime is not worth it, so as not to over-excite the nervous system, but leisurely walks do not interfere.
- Ensure normal day regimen and bedtime conditions should encourage fast sleep in the evening. It is necessary to lie down and get up at a certain time, while practicing daytime sleep is not recommended. To restore performance shows a short rest. Before bed the room needs to be ventilated; you can take a relaxing bath, fill the room with the smell of aromatic oil.
- Remedies for insomnia with menopause for those who sleep badly at night - the last hope. First of all, hormone replacement drugs are recommended to drink, which eliminate not only insomnia, but also all other manifestations of depression and menopause. You can also take a herbal remedy for insomnia with menopause based on valerian, motherwort, mint and lemon balm. Accepted drug is better to drink milk, if it is not contraindicated, because milk at night contributes to falling asleep. If none of these drugs has helped to restore the night's sleep, the doctor may recommend stronger drugs with a hypnotic effect.
Insomnia with menopause should not be perceived by a woman as something tragic. Indeed, sleep disorders greatly affect the health of a woman, and when she is faced with the problem of insomnia during menopause, not every woman knows what to do.
However, the painful perception of menopausal symptoms only aggravates the course of menopause and does not make its manifestation easier. In such a closed circle, it is better not to focus on menopause and its manifestations, so that the signs of menopause do not take possession of all aspects of women's health.
Interesting video on the topic:
Why does insomnia occur?
Sleep disturbance in menopause is a problem for one-third of all women who experience menopause. Causes of insomnia can be divided into two subgroups - psychological and hormonal. The first are explained by the fact that women, when characteristic changes occur in their bodies, are too painful for this. They all the time feel anxiety, sometimes fall into a depressive state. Instability of psycho-emotional background causes insomnia. In this case, the consultation of a psychotherapist can help.
Changes in hormone levels also significantly affect sleep. First of all, the production of hormones, estrogen and progesterone, necessary for the reproductive function of a woman, is significantly reduced. In addition, estrogens are actively involved in the production of melanin, which is responsible for a normal night's rest.
In addition, there are several provoking factors that can lead to sleep disturbance. These include the following:
- sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical activity,
- addicted to cigarettes and liquor,
- excessive use of energy drinks and other drinks, which include caffeine.
What is dangerous insomnia?
Sleep disturbance during menopause may occur from time to time or accompany the woman constantly. Visit the doctor if you need a full night rest more than a week.
It is necessary to treat insomnia, because it is at that time when a person is sleeping that the whole body is restored, the production of substances that are responsible for the normal functioning of the immune system occurs.
If you do not take appropriate measures to solve the problem, the risk of serious complications, which include:
- depression, psycho-emotional disorders,
- stroke and other disorders of the cardiovascular system,
- malfunctions in the functioning of the endocrine system, in severe cases - the development of cancer tumors.
How to cope with this condition during menopause, the doctor will tell. Self-treatment in this case is absolutely not recommended. The following therapeutic interventions may be prescribed:
- drug therapy,
- making lifestyle adjustments
- homeopathy reception
- counseling psychologist.
Choose the most suitable drug, normalizing sleep, is possible only when properly established cause of insomnia. It is possible to use hormone replacement therapy. This means getting the female body the missing elements from external sources.
There are several types of drugs that have a similar effect and help get rid of the symptoms of menopause.
Preparations with plant hormones:
Drugs based on estriol:
Drugs with sedative properties:
In addition, the following medications may be prescribed:
- Afobazole. Stabilizes psycho-emotional sleep, helps you fall asleep faster.
- Imov. Effectively fights insomnia, has a calming effect.
- Phenibut. Helps to get rid of anxiety, relieves dizziness.
Use of homeopathic remedies
During the treatment of sleep disorders, not only drugs are used, but also homeopathic remedies. The composition of them is absolutely natural, it includes only plant substances. Homeopathy helps normalize sleep and emotional background. The drugs have practically no contraindications, side effects occur extremely rarely, for this reason, they are most often used to treat insomnia. The most effective homeopathic remedies:
- DreamZzz. The tool is completely natural, it consists of biological elements of animal and vegetable origin. There are no artificial additives. The biogenic complex has a beneficial effect on the body’s work and helps restore biological rhythms. The natural components that make up the product have a sedative effect. Removing the tension of the internal systems helps to improve heart rate and improve the work of the whole organism. The product includes gaba alishan, beaver jet, lofant. Such components help to stabilize the emotional background, get rid of depression and other disorders, contribute to relaxation, calm and strengthen the nervous system, increase vitality and improve mood. The drug will provide a full sound sleep.
- Sonilyuks. Herbal preparation that is designed to combat sleep disorders and psychological problems. Promotes stabilization during menopause. The action of its constituent natural substances strengthens the body, normalizes the functioning of the central nervous system, heart and blood vessels. Provides relaxation full night sleep. The results of clinical trials have shown that the tool helps to fall asleep faster and easier, less often wake up at night and get rid of nightmarish dreams. Symptoms such as anxiety, aggressiveness, chronic fatigue, nervous overstrain are eliminated. The drug is available in the form of a syrup, which should be taken twice a day, observing the dosage specified in the instructions.
What else to do to get rid of insomnia
To improve sleep and get rid of many of the symptoms that occur during menopause, you can, if you make some adjustments in your lifestyle. It should only slightly change their own habits, and insomnia and emotional instability will quickly pass.
Compliance with the following recommendations will help:
- Do sport. The onset of menopause - not a reason to abandon physical activity. On the contrary, at this time there is a significant decrease in the rate of metabolism. Accelerate it will help regular exercise. During this period, it is recommended to engage in fitness, yoga, cardio. Dances perfectly fit. But it should be noted that classes should be held in the morning or afternoon, in the afternoon it is not recommended to do it, otherwise the nervous system will be overexcited by evening.
- Nutrition features. Properly prepared diet will also help fight insomnia and bad mood. The daily menu of a woman who has menopause should include a large amount of fruits and vegetables, cereals, lean meat, dairy products. It is necessary to refuse caffeine, energy and alcoholic drinks, strong tea, chocolate, fried and fatty foods, since such products have a stimulating effect on the nervous system.
- Organization of bed. A full night's rest is affected by the way it is organized. You should choose a quality mattress and bedding. Lingerie and sleepwear should be made of natural material. The room should be ventilated daily before going to bed. It is desirable if fresh air will flow continuously for a whole night. It is better to hang thick curtains on the windows, then penetrating light will not disturb sensitive rest.
- Daily regime. To sleep well at night, you should clearly plan your daily routine. Going to bed and getting up should be every day at the same time, not only on weekdays, but also on weekends. But if you want to lie down at an earlier time, you should not endure, you should immediately go to bed.
- Relaxing at bedtime. At least three hours before bedtime, it is recommended not to eat and drink, so that the body is not under stress. In the evening, take a warm bath, in which you can add an infusion of herbs or aromatic oils that will have a relaxing effect. It is extremely undesirable to use various gadgets for reading and watching programs before going to bed, otherwise an over-excited nervous system will not allow you to sleep peacefully.
Folk remedies for insomnia
To normalize night sleep, you can use the means of traditional medicine.Herbs that have soothing properties are thyme, peony, lavender. They can be taken in any combination or separately. In addition, you can use the following effective remedies for insomnia:
- Dill seeds. 50 g of raw materials pour half a glass of red wine and boil over medium heat for 15 minutes. Then remove from heat and allow to cool. Daily dosage of broth - 30 ml. Take overnight.
- Hop flowers. 2 tsp. product pour 250 ml of boiling water, cover with a lid so that the product is infused for at least 5 hours. Take before bedtime.
The following methods will help to cope with sleep disorders:
- Milk with honey. In the absence of an allergic reaction to bee products, one should drink a glass of warmed milk daily before bedtime, in which you should add a spoonful of honey. The benefit of the drink is that milk contains treptophan - this is aminopropionic acid, which is needed for the production of seratonin, which produces the sleep hormone melatonin.
- Tomato juice. Such a drink in combination with a small amount of nutmeg is an excellent tool to help normalize night sleep. A glass of juice should be drunk 60 minutes before the last meal.
Choose a competent therapy during menopause can only doctor. Before using any means, both medicinal and homeopathic, you should be familiar with the contraindications and learn about possible side effects.
Features of the woman's condition during menopause
The ongoing adjustment in the body in women after 45 years is physiological in nature and does not require treatment. Changes affect the sexual sphere: menstrual days cease, and at the same time, the activity of the sex glands dies away. Reproductive function becomes almost impossible.
Only a few menopause is asymptomatic. But in most cases, women have the following symptoms:
The appearance of pathology provoke various reasons. Primary among them is a decrease in the production of hormones necessary for women's health. The process of assimilation of magnesium in the body is disturbed, as a result of which muscle cramps, heat and cold attacks, sweating, snoring develop.
Insomnia during menopause may appear for psychological reasons. Changes in the body, cause stress, anxiety and anxiety. The following factors also exacerbate the situation:
- Bad habits.
- Caffeine and alcohol abuse.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Side effect of used pharmaceuticals.
- Work schedule with night shifts.
The presence of such factors complicates the flow of climacteric time, as it increases the likelihood of night awakenings. Given this, some patients successfully struggle with this problem, adjusting their lifestyle.
Signs of sleep disturbance
Sleep disorders in all people manifest themselves in different ways. During menopause, the most common problems are:
- Difficulty falling asleep.
- Frequent spontaneous night awakenings.
- Daytime sleepiness.
- Sleep apnea.
- Panic attacks on waking from anxiety.
- Sleepwalking: talking and walking during a night of rest.
These signs indicate that it is not always insomnia - the complete lack of sleep or the inability to fall asleep. During menopause, pathology is further refined by its specific symptoms. Especially hard for women with a combination of several violations. Many suffer from early awakening, and attempts to fall asleep again are unsuccessful. Others do not even realize how often they wake up, and during the day they feel frustrated and drowsy.
Effects of insomnia
The consequences of violations deplete the body. There may be pain in the muscles, metal taste in the mouth, numbness of the limbs. Frequent sleep deprivation affects the nervous and cardiac systems and provokes the occurrence of such complications as:
- Heart attack.
- Pathology of the pancreas.
- Reduced immunity.
- Memory losses.
- Chronic fatigue.
- Oncological neoplasm.
During menopause, the defenses are weakened, which can provoke an exacerbation of chronic or the development of new diseases.
Reduced concentration of attention negatively affects productivity. Due to constant fatigue, it is difficult to cope even with daily activities and enjoy life.
If the patient suffers from insomnia when the menopause occurs for more than a week, what should be done in this case should be decided by a specialist. Practical recommendations of the doctor will help to be treated without harm to health.
Methods of dealing with sleepless nights
The value of a full night's rest in this special period for women is difficult to overestimate. Indeed, in a dream, substances necessary for the functioning of the immune system are produced, the forces and systems of human organs are restored. Some of the existing diseases may be exacerbated by lack of sleep. Therefore, the treatment of insomnia with menopause is an important task for many specialists.
Today, a wide range of medicines for insomnia with menopause is available.
Most often, the pathology occurs against the background of hormonal imbalance, therefore, the key role in therapy is the replenishment of hormone deficiency. Pick them up on the structure, similar to the female. They reduce emotional and endocrine disorders.
Sometimes it will be sufficient to use soothing preparations of plant origin: "Sedavit", "Fitoed", "Valerian" and "Pustyrnik" (drops and tablets), "Dormiplant". If they have not been effective, hypnotics such as Rozerem, Imovan, Atarax, or the Afobazol tranquilizer are recommended. In severe cases, the doctor prescribes antidepressants.
Given the long-term use and contraindications, some try to use natural, not synthetic means. Side effects they are less pronounced, and in terms of effectiveness are not inferior even to sleeping pills. This is a group of phytoestrogens, which is an alternative to hormones. The preparations “Klimaksan”, “Remens”, “Kleverol” are made from plant extracts, therefore they belong to the field of homeopathy. Many write positive reviews after the use of dietary supplements "Qi-Klim" and "Feminal", which have the properties to remove the problems of neurovegetative and psycho-emotional nature.
Since during this period, patients lack less of vitamins and minerals, it is necessary to replenish them with drugs. Suitable complexes are Complivit Calcium D 3 Gold, Formula Women, Magne-B 6. Thanks to these means, the risk of developing osteoporosis and cancer is reduced, and the nervous system is fed.
Traditional medicine also has recipes telling how to deal with insomnia during menopause. The fundamental principle of such therapy is the use of soothing herbs: lemon balm, peppermint, hops, motherwort, chamomile. Often in pharmacies available herbal teas or fees, containing a complex of medicinal plants. The easiest way is to drink a glass of warm milk with a teaspoon of honey for the night. A good relaxing folk remedy is oregano, which is poured with boiling water and take an infusion during the day one hour before meals.
The famous doctor Malysheva advises in the period of menopause to replace coffee and strong tea with herbal infusions and decoctions, fruit juices. It is important to use them in a correct ratio. Otherwise, the expected effect will not occur or complications will appear. Helen considers the use of Monastic tea useful during menopause. Herbal components that are based on it restore hormone balance.
Combination of almonds and bananas is considered to be useful in combating the problem. The components included in their composition, especially necessary for the female body, eliminate muscle tension.
Valuable recommendations and preventive measures
During menopause, there should be a balanced diet that compensates for the lack of calcium, magnesium, vitamins. As a result, the body is easier to cope with emerging everyday stress. Nutritionists advise to include in the daily menu of seafood, lean meat, whole grain cereals and bread, more vegetables and fruits, nuts, legumes. Drink at least 2 liters of water per day and take natural herbal teas.
According to experts, if you create favorable conditions for good rest, it will reduce the frequency of night awakenings. The following activities help with this, many of which should be carried out at bedtime:
- Make a comfortable bed.
- Air the bedroom.
- Observe sleep mode: go to bed and get up at the same time.
- Keep bed linen clean.
- Use contrasting souls.
- Exclude the intake of spicy and fatty foods, alcohol in the evening.
- Do not overeat.
- Stroll before bedtime.
- Avoid intellectual burden.
It is important to make adjustments to your lifestyle. To refuse from bad habits. Reduce the amount of consumed coffee, tea, chocolate, soda. Allow moderate exercise during the day.
A stable emotional background helps to get rid of insomnia. It is necessary to minimize overwork and stressful situations. Psychological impermanence stimulates the production of cortisol, a hormone that suppresses the already weakened secretion of estrogen. In this case, the symptoms of menopause will increase. Moderate exercise relieves emotional tension and increases muscle tone.
The climacteric period is often accompanied by nighttime awakenings. Although in most cases this is not given importance, do not delay the visit to the doctor. Timely measures taken allow for the use of gentle treatment and to avoid serious complications.
Causes of Sleep Disorder
Insomnia during menopause is a problem for 30% of all women who have experienced menopause. Theoretically, the causes of the violation can be divided into two main groups: psychological and hormonal. The psychological aspect is connected with the fact that women are too painful when they experience changes in their body. They constantly feel anxious, they can become depressed.
Unstable emotional background provokes sleep disturbance. This problem can be solved with the help of close cooperation with a psychotherapist.
Hormonal adjustment also has a strong effect on night rest. First of all, the production of female hormones progesterone and estrogen is critically reduced. They are responsible not only for reproductive function, but also for other vital functions of the body. Estrogens are actively involved in the synthesis of melatonin - the sleep hormone, which is responsible for a full night's rest. Menopause causes the amount of this substance to become critically low.
There are also predisposing factors for insomnia, such as:
- lack of physical activity, passive lifestyle,
- bad habits such as smoking and alcohol abuse,
- lack of proper night rest,
- abuse of caffeine and energy drinks.
Why and when to alarm
Insomnia with menopause can occur constantly or occasionally. Seek help from a specialist should, if you do not have a good night rest more than 7 days. Treatment is necessary, because it is in a dream that all systems and organs of a person are restored, forces, substances are produced that are responsible for the full functioning of immunity.
If you let the problem take its course and do not find the right solution in time, there is a risk of developing such complications:
- inflammation of the pancreas,
- depression, neurosis, personality change,
- stroke and other failures of the cardiovascular system,
- disruption of the endocrine system up to the formation of oncogenic tumors.
If you are tormented by insomnia when menopause arises, what to do in such a situation, the doctor decides. Appeal to a specialist is mandatory, you can not solve the problem yourself.
The doctor may schedule a visit to a psychologist, the use of medication or homeopathic medicines, make recommendations for the correction of lifestyle. Proper treatment will help to survive menopause with ease and without harm to health.
Choose the most appropriate remedy for insomnia with menopause only if the cause of sleep disturbance is clearly established. Treatment can be carried out with hormone replacement therapy. This means that the woman will receive the missing substances from the outside.
There are several types of drugs that perform replacement functions and help to cope with the manifestations of menopause.
Means with phytohormones:
Drugs, which include estriol:
- Motherwort (tincture or tablets)
- "Valerian" (tincture or tablets),
Preparations of complex action:
- “Rozerem” reduces the symptoms of menopause, affects sleep zones located in the brain,
- “Imovan” completely eliminates sleep and sleep problems, gives calm and psychological balance,
- "Phenibut" struggles with unreasonable fear, eliminates dizziness,
- "Afobazol" normalizes the emotional background, promotes rapid sleep.
Application of homeopathy
Treatment of insomnia during menopause can be carried out not only with the help of drugs, but also with homeopathy. Fully natural, made from natural raw materials help to normalize sleep and psychological background. They have a minimum of contraindications and do not cause side effects, because they enjoy high popularity. Consider what exactly will help stabilize the state of health and rest of a woman during menopause.
- DreamZzz. A comprehensive homeopathic remedy is suitable for women who want to regain healthy sleep and peace of mind. The drug was developed by Russian scientists on the basis of natural raw materials, as part of no harmful chemicals. The effectiveness of drugs provide such active ingredients:
Haba Alishan is a natural substance that contains gamma-aminobutyric acid, which responds to a stable emotional background, the absence of depression and other disorders, also the plant is involved in glucose utilization and improves blood circulation, normalizes sleep and strengthens memory,
- the beaver stream is a substance that is widely used to treat nervous diseases and disorders of the cardiovascular system, it acts as an antispasmodic and sedative, fights headaches and migraines, increases vitality and mood,
- Lofant plant is a powerful biostimulant with bactericidal properties, it reduces pressure, prevents aging, strengthens the nervous system and the whole body,
- collection of 32 herbs - relaxes and soothes the entire body, restores sound healthy sleep, stabilizes blood pressure and heart rate, eliminates anxiety and fights neuroses.
Thanks to this composition, DreamZzz helps to cope not only with insomnia, but also with psychological factors that provoke it. Manufacturers claim that the condition is fully normalized after undergoing a full course of treatment.
"Sonilyuks." Natural remedy for psychological disorders and insomnia, which will help stabilize the state during menopause. All its natural components are aimed at strengthening the body, normalizing the work of the nervous and cardiovascular systems, relaxation and high-quality night rest. The drug underwent clinical studies in 2015, during which it was confirmed that the subjects had significantly improved condition. Reception "Sonilyuks" gave the following results to the subjects:
- falling asleep was quick and easy
- sleep stabilized, became deeper, patients stopped waking up and seeing nightmares,
- the feeling of aggression and anxiety completely disappeared,
- gone chronic fatigue
- Significantly decreased nervous tension.
The tool helps to get rid of problems with sleep and the nervous system in just 1 course of treatment. It is very simple to take it, you need to drink 1 scoop of syrup 2 times a day. After the first week of regular use, you will notice positive changes.
The correct approach to lifestyle also helps you get rid of insomnia and significantly improve your health. It is only a little to reconsider their habits, and problems with night rest and excessive emotionality will immediately disappear.
You can help yourself by following these rules:
- More sports. If a woman has a menopause, this does not mean that physical activity is prohibited for her, on the contrary, during this period the metabolism slows down significantly, because it needs to be “accelerated” with the help of sports exercises. During menopause, give preference to fitness, yoga, cardiological training, you can sign up for a dance. However, keep in mind that training should take place in the morning, so your nervous system will have time to calm down before going to bed.
Diet. Properly made menu will also provide you with a healthy sleep and good mood.In your diet should be dominated by dairy products, fresh vegetables, fruits, herbs, seafood, cereals, lean meats. To exclude from the menu you need coffee, energy, alcohol, chocolate, strong tea, fat, fried and salty, so you reduce the excitability of the nervous system and save yourself from gaining extra weight. A glass of warm milk before bedtime should become your norm. This drink contains treptophan, which is necessary to get seratonina. Seratonin is synthesized in the brain, only if it is sufficient, melatonin, the sleep hormone, will be produced.
- Respect sleep hygiene. Healthy and sound sleep largely depends on how well it is organized. Choose an orthopedic mattress and pillow, use natural and pleasant to the touch bedding and pajamas. Ventilate the bedroom every night before bedtime, it’s best if fresh air flows continuously throughout the night. Get tight curtains so that the light does not disturb your rest.
- Clear schedule. A planned daily routine is very important for a good and restful sleep. Waking up and falling asleep need to be at the same time every day, even on weekends. However, if you feel the desire to go to bed early, do not need him to resist, just go to bed.
- Relaxation before bedtime. 3 hours before night rest, try not to eat or drink anything, so as not to burden the body. At bedtime, take a bath with relaxing aroma oils or herbal infusions. Exclude from reading your e-books, watching TV and sitting at a computer before going on a night’s rest, it leads to nervous system arousal and prevents normal sleep.
Only a doctor can choose the right treatment during menopause. There are potent remedies for insomnia with menopause, which replace sex hormones. You can also choose natural analogues with phytohormones. Soothing and homeopathic remedies are widely used in practice, they also help to cope with a sleep disorder. Choose only safe and effective ways to fix the problem.
Symptoms of insomnia with menopause manifest as follows:
- Tides - manifested by a feeling of heat above the belt, as well as excessive sweating. This discomfort occurs more often at night, which makes it difficult to sleep well. Then you may have a headache and a heartbeat, which also interferes with sleep.
- Increased nervousness - negative emotions during menopause are greatly exaggerated. Any careless word can cause a storm of emotions. A woman in such moments is in a depressed state, and tearfulness can also be observed. Late in the evening, it can become a habit to remember all the events of the past day, the reaction to them is manifested in a negative way.
- Frequent urination - the desire to arise in connection with the violation of the reproductive organs. It also interferes with proper sleep.
Booze causes the human nervous system to decline. Sleeplessness insomnia is a frequent occurrence. Consider the methods of dealing with this state.
Folk remedies to combat insomnia described here.
On the treatment of insomnia with honey, herbs and aromatherapy, you can read the link.
What causes insomnia during menopause
For menopause is characterized by certain changes in the female body.
At this time, the functioning of sex hormones changes, the fertility function declines. Naturally, with such a restructuring, the state of the organism as a whole undergoes changes.
Due to restructuring in the body, a number of symptoms occur, one of which is lack of sleep.
Sleep disturbances cause a reduced amount of estrogen in the body, as well as hot flashes at night.
Why you should strive to get rid of insomnia
During menopause, the elimination of insomnia is necessary.
Due to insomnia, a woman becomes very tired, not even leaving during the daytime.
The state of health worsens and is shown by the following signs:
- Violation of the vascular system. Because of insomnia, there are headaches, high blood pressure, pain in the heart and dizziness.
- Disorders of the nervous system. A woman becomes irritated, her ability to concentrate is lost, and her work takes more time and effort. As a result, pain in the spine, arms, legs and abdomen may appear.
- Morale worsens. Lack of sleep often leads to depression, their elimination is very difficult.
How to eliminate insomnia
How to deal with insomnia with menopause?
It is necessary to start taking measures to get rid of insomnia as soon as it appeared.
Before using a sleeping pill, it is recommended to visit a doctor.
In addition, you need to put in order the way of life:
- Eat well. Fasting for insomnia should not be, but to enter into the diet a sufficient amount of fruits and vegetables is necessary. At night it is strongly recommended not to eat heavy food, because it can cause pressure drops as well as hot flashes. It is better to refuse a large amount of liquid in the late evening. A large number of drinks cause puffiness, intensified work of the bladder and, accordingly, the night will have to be spent mostly in the toilet.
- Take care of the comfort zone. In the period of insomnia during menopause, great attention should be paid to a comfortable atmosphere in the room. The bedroom should be constantly well ventilated, the temperature in the room is recommended to maintain no higher than twenty degrees. Pillows and blankets are needed comfortable, calm colors and natural fabrics.
- Take time to physical exertion. Exercises are recommended to be done at the end of the day to feel both emotional and muscular fatigue. Exercise is necessary during the day, but not late in the evening, so that the exercises do not lead to excessive irritability at bedtime. Evening quiet walks also help you fall asleep more easily.
- Do not give up the pleasant things. A warm bath with fragrant foam, breathing exercises and calm music will help to cope with negative emotions.
Traditional medicine against sleep disorders
Treatment of insomnia with menopause with folk remedies gives good results. Some medicinal herbs are quite effective for insomnia, and also have no side effects. Among the plants with healing properties, high efficiency showed:
- Lavender, peony, St. John's wort, passionflower and thyme. These herbs can be used both individually and together.
- Dill. Its seeds are used as an effective remedy for insomnia. Fifty grams of seeds are boiled for fifteen minutes in red wine (150 ml). Next, the broth must be cooled, and then taken at bedtime for thirty grams.
- Hop. You must take two teaspoons of hop flowers, pour a glass of boiling water (200 ml) and let it brew for five hours. This tool is taken at bedtime.
When fighting insomnia during menopause, the following drinks are recommended:
- Milk with honey. If there are no complaints about the level of glucose, then at night it is recommended to take a glass of warm milk with one spoon of honey.
- Tomato juice. In the glass of this drink, you can add a little nutmeg and drink an hour before dinner. Tomato juice with nutmeg effectively helps against insomnia.
If insomnia during menopause (menopause) is prolonged, it is recommended to consult a doctor. He, in turn, will prescribe medication. Sometimes insomnia can be caused by a decrease in ovarian activity.
Normalization of sleep contributes to estrogen hormone therapy.
These drugs will come to the rescue:
Also help drugs that contain estriol. These include:
As a supplement, a doctor may recommend sedatives:
Science knows an extremely rare disease in which a person cannot fall asleep at all and dies for this reason several months later. Fatal family insomnia - consider the causes of the terrible disease on the site.
On measures of prevention and treatment of insomnia, read the following material.
All drugs for insomnia with menopause should be used only under the supervision of a doctor. Also do not allow an independent increase in dosage. Many drugs are prescribed for a short period of time, so that they do not addictive.
Insomnia during menopause should be treated as carefully as possible. To adapt to climax, as smoothly as possible, a reserve of strength is necessary. Deep sleep gives strength to the body, so the elimination of insomnia is one of the main tasks.
Causes of Insomnia
Causes of insomnia during menopause can be very diverse. But they are divided into 2 groups: psychological and hormonal.
The main cause of sleep disturbance during menopause hides hormonal changes in the body. During menopause, the production of female hormones in the body decreases, which affect the physiological health of the fair sex: progesterone and estrogen.
As hormonal levels decrease, the process of magnesium absorption in the body is disturbed - a trace element that affects muscle relaxation.
The lack of the necessary amount of estrogen in the body of a mature woman provokes sweating and nightly tides.
A decrease in the level of progesterone causes persistent insomnia, therefore, sleep disturbance and menopause are constant companions of the fair sex after 50 years.
The main cause of insomnia with menopause is a reduction in the production of progesterone and estrogen.
Also, insomnia with menopause is caused by a depressed woman. The following factors may aggravate the condition:
- minimum of motor activity,
- high blood pressure,
- alcohol, tobacco or drugs,
- drinking coffee in large quantities.
How to eliminate sleep disorders
If insomnia begins with menopause, what should be done by the fair sex to normalize sleep? It is necessary to take measures if a bad dream bothers a woman for more than 7 days. Grabbing for sleeping pills is not necessary, but you should consult with a therapist anyway.
Before taking a sleeping pill, you need to consult with a therapist and try to normalize sleep.
Initially, a woman should make every effort to normalize sleep:
- Adjust your daily diet. Fruits and vegetables should prevail in the menu. Heavy meals, especially when consumed at night, disturb sleep. In addition, fatty, spicy foods can cause hot flashes in a woman, provoke arrhythmia and increase pressure.
- Drinking plenty of fluids before bed is also not recommended. Excess fluid in the body causes swelling, irritates the bladder, provokes night trips to the toilet.
- Try to create a comfortable sleep environment. The room should be well ventilated, it is desirable to open the window at night. The temperature in the room where the woman is sleeping should not exceed twenty degrees. Comfortable pillows and mattress are needed, clean, odorless bed linen and fragrances.
- Maintain physical activity. Sports activities for a woman are necessary so that by the evening she is physically tired. Naturally, physical exercise can not be done at bedtime, but during the day the sport will be very useful for health. An evening walk in the fresh air will help you fall asleep.
- Ensuring full day regimen and sleep conditions lead to fast sleep in the evening. A woman should get up and lie down at the same time, but she is not recommended to sleep in the daytime. To restore performance, a short rest during the day is shown to a woman during menopause.
- Relax before bedtime. A non-scalding warm bath with the addition of essential oils will help to relax the nervous system. Relaxing music, breathing exercises help to fall asleep quickly.
Tips for traditional medicine to help cope with insomnia
Folk remedies for insomnia with menopause, always available at hand, help to normalize a full sleep. Unlike medical drugs, infusions and decoctions of herbs do not have side effects.
The following medicinal plants are known for their soothing properties:
- Hop. To prepare the medicinal infusion, you need to take 2 teaspoons of hop cones and flowers and pour them with a glass of boiling water. Infused mixture for four hours. It is recommended to take the medicine two hours before bedtime.
- Rosehip, chamomile, thyme, lemon balm and mint. Herbs for insomnia are brewed in equal proportions. You can also insist each of the plants separately.
- Dill (seeds). It is necessary to take 50 grams of seeds, pour 150 ml of wine on them and boil for twenty minutes. Take before bedtime to 20-30 grams.
The following products help to cope with insomnia during menopause:
- Milk and honey. If the fair sex has a normal blood sugar level, 100 ml of warm milk with a teaspoon of honey can be taken at bedtime.
- Tomato juice with nutmeg. This drink with a peculiar taste is recommended to drink two hours before bedtime.
Unlike sleeping pills, decoctions of herbs do not give side effects.
Medication Insomnia Treatment
When menopause occurs, even minor sleep disorders can seriously impair the quality of life of the fair sex. To restore a full sleep, you must eliminate the cause of the disease - the level of hormones. Well proven drugs that replace hormones. But you cannot take pills, even those tested before, without consulting a doctor.
For hormonal drugs containing estrogen, include:
Also prescribed drugs containing the hormone melatonin: Yukalin, Melaxen Balance or Circadin.
Accept hormones lady, entered during menopause, can not more than 30 days, and medications have a number of contraindications:
- Oncological processes in the body,
- Autoimmune diseases
- Serious kidney disease,
Under no circumstances should hormone-dependent therapy be prescribed on its own. The course of treatment prescribed by the doctor, after conducting a diagnostic examination of the patient. Dosage of hormonal drugs and the duration of treatment is selected in each case individually.
If hormone-dependent therapy has not helped to restore full sleep, the doctor may recommend that the woman take medications that have a hypnotic effect.
Sleep disorders during menopause representative of the weaker sex should not be perceived as a tragic process. Naturally, insomnia has a serious impact on the health and well-being of women, and what to do in this case is not all they know.
But strong feelings and a negative perception of the signs accompanying menopause aggravate the painful sensations. To alleviate the condition of a woman, you should not dwell on the signs of menopause, but try to lead a full-fledged lifestyle.
How to get rid of insomnia with menopause 11
They say that to sleep peacefully, you need to have only a clear conscience. But many women entering the age of menopause are unlikely to agree. One of the painful manifestations is often insomnia with menopause, what to do in this case is solved in many ways. And it is not always a pill.
Causes and treatment of insomnia with menopause
During menopause, women experience dramatic changes in the body. There is a complete hormonal adjustment associated with the extinction of reproductive function.
Such changes often cause discomfort, women become irritable and very sensitive, they are worried about the rush of blood to the upper half of the body, excessive sweating and other symptoms.
One of the most common manifestations is insomnia with menopause. It must be treated to avoid the addition of other diseases.
Insomnia during menopause is a problem for 30% of all women who have experienced menopause. Theoretically, the causes of the violation can be divided into two main groups: psychological and hormonal. The psychological aspect is connected with the fact that women are too painful when they experience changes in their body. They constantly feel anxious, they can become depressed.
Unstable emotional background provokes sleep disturbance. This problem can be solved with the help of close cooperation with a psychotherapist.
Hormonal adjustment also has a strong effect on night rest. First of all, the production of female hormones progesterone and estrogen is critically reduced.
They are responsible not only for reproductive function, but also for other vital functions of the body. Estrogens are actively involved in the synthesis of melatonin - the sleep hormone, which is responsible for a full night's rest. Menopause causes the amount of this substance to become critically low. There are also predisposing factors for insomnia, such as:
Menopause causes the amount of this substance to become critically low.
There are also predisposing factors for insomnia, such as:
Insomnia with menopause
№ 11 731 Somnolog 31.01.2014
Hello! I am 57 years old. With the onset of menopause (4 years ago) I can not get rid of insomnia. I do not fall asleep until 4-6 in the morning. Then sleep 5-6 hours. I do not sleep during the day. Phytopreparations, melaxen, donormil do not help. If this is due to menopause, then HRT is contraindicated to me. Such drugs as menopause, cyclic, Ledis formula, etc. I have all tried. Gynecologists say: "Be brave." Is it really impossible to help? A neurologist prescribed somnol. And chlorprothixen. A week later, it stopped helping. In addition, you can not live on sleeping pills. Thank you.
Gorelikova Tatyana, St. Petersburg
ANSWERED: 02.16.2014 Kravtsov Alexander Vasilyevich Khabarovsk 0.0 psychiatrist-narcologist
ANSWERED: 07.06.2014 Andrey Streltsov Sevastopol 0.0 orthopedist, family doctor
Sorry to interfere with my special opinion. Maybe you have changed the biorhythm and now you need to go to bed at 20-00, 21-00, so much so that you do not eat on the night after 17. Then you will notice how bad food in the morning and food for the night, work on malnutrition in the afternoon and inactivity after eating in the evening have what effect it has. After all, menopause depends on the liver, which prepares and secretes bile from sex hormones. This process is broken, most likely. And all the sleeping pills hit the liver and bone in exchange, they bring osteoporosis closer. If you are an athlete in the past or are physically trained, then without a sufficient load, sleep is not available to you, unworked, so to speak.
Causes of Insomnia in Menopause
A variety of discomfort that occurs in women with the onset of menopause, is largely due to changes in hormonal levels. Unfortunately, this is not the only provoking factor; therefore, the situation cannot be corrected by just taking special medicines.
Most often, a sleep disorder after menopause is the result of a few moments affecting the patient.
Causes of insomnia during menopause:
- hormonal surges - symptoms caused by an imbalance of sex hormones disrupt the process of falling asleep and cause frequent nighttime awakenings. This list includes hot flashes, sweating, tachycardia. During menopause, many women have snoring, which was not there before, which provokes apnea. Direct provocateur insomnia becomes a deficiency of progesterone involved in the regulation of sleep,
- peculiarities of the psychoemotional state - any changes in life and condition can frighten, and menopause in the understanding of most women is associated with the onset of old age. Thoughts about the loss of attractiveness, the inability to have children, the upcoming unpleasant feelings, the inevitability of death begin to torment a woman. Fears and negative attitudes tend to escalate at night, when things are no longer distracting. As a result, the brain continues to work actively, the body cannot relax, sleep disappears,
- neglecting the rules of a healthy lifestyle - overweight, sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise, bad habits, abuse of coffee or chocolate can deprive sleep at any age. In a situation where it is complemented by physiological or psychological factors, the problem becomes more acute.
In 90% of cases, insomnia on the background of menopause is the result of the influence on a woman of factors from all the groups listed. For this reason, an approach to solving the problem requires an integrated one. Ignoring insomnia threatens with complications, reducing the patient’s quality of life, reducing its duration.
Manifestations of insomnia
Manifestations of insomnia, characteristic of its development during menopause:
- snoring that makes you wake up at night
- signs of sleepwalking, walking and talking in a dream,
- apnea followed by the development of panic conditions,
- itching, pain, restlessness in the legs,
- anxiety that makes you wake up at night or in the morning,
- the desire to sleep in the daytime, which can lead to the fact that a woman begins to nap in the most inappropriate environment.
The above signs of insomnia that developed during menopause do not necessarily completely deprive sleep. Sometimes a woman can sleep for the right amount of hours, but even after that, she does not feel rested. The reason is the change in the quality of sleep, its depth. Consciousness does not turn off completely, the brain continues to work, the systems of the body do not have time to recover.
What is dangerous lack of sleep during menopause?
Against the background of hormonal disorders occurring during menopause, the body's defenses are reduced.
A woman begins to get tired faster, feels physically and morally exhausted.
When problems with sleep and the inability to get a good rest are added to this, the situation is rapidly aggravated.
The negative effects of a lack of sleep during menopause:
- deterioration of psycho-emotional state - the nervous system begins to experience excessive stress, which can no longer cope. There are mood swings, tearfulness, irritability, aggressiveness. If time does not begin treatment, it can reach a nervous breakdown, depression, psychosis,
- weakening of the immune system - reducing the resistance to infectious disease, exacerbation of chronic pathologies,
- dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system - failures in adjusting the work of the heart and blood channels lead to hypertension, vascular spasms, disturbances in the work of the heart muscle. This increases the risk of stroke, myocardial infarction,
- problems in the work of internal organs - according to statistics, people with sleep disorders during menopause are more susceptible to the development of diabetes, obesity.
During menopause, women experience physical suffering, emotional outbursts, moral discomfort. The situation is complicated by insomnia, repeatedly increases discomfort, bringing the body to a critical state.
Why does insomnia appear during menopause?
Climax with horror awaits most women, because they have heard about what symptoms can be encountered in this period. The physiology of the female body affects the change of state. During this period, there are some changes in it, for example, the production of estrogen, the sex hormone, decreases.
It is during this period that women are more likely to face the problem of sleep disorders. It is associated with physiological and psychological aspects. And if these disorders are systematic, then immediate treatment should follow.
What causes insomnia during menopause:
- Frequent urination. The excretory system and mucous tissues of the genital organs partially atrophy. This leads to the fact that the woman is experiencing discomfort in the genital area - itching, burning, frequent urge to urinate.
- Nervous tension. In the body, hormonal changes take place, which is often the reason that a woman becomes overly emotional and receptive. She tends to be keen to react to the slightest trifles, which previously would not have caused such attention.
- Tides. In most cases, they are worried at night. Interrupt, change the quality and duration of sleep can headache, excessive sweating, weakness, feeling of heat.
All this can be the reason why insomnia during menopause worries a woman, interferes with healthy sleep. As a result, women develop weakness, irritability, headaches, and apathy in the morning. Leave it without attention is impossible. Fight insomnia is a must.
What is the problem dangerous?
Treatment of sleep disorders should be carried out without fail. And the sooner the problem is identified, the sooner you can get rid of it. If insomnia does not begin to heal, then it can lead to the following consequences:
- Psychological disorder. In the absence of healthy sleep, fatigue, depression and irritability are felt for a long period of time. If you remain in this state regularly, then you may soon encounter problems of a psychological nature.
- Nervous System Disorders. Excessive nervous tension can result in a number of serious diseases. There may be problems with the spine, limbs, which are accompanied by painful sensations.
- Exacerbation of cardiovascular diseases.
Important! The lack of quality sleep can trigger a number of diseases. Therefore, if sleep disorders can be traced for 2 weeks, it is necessary to consult with a doctor who will prescribe the necessary treatment.
In order for the period of menopause to pass with minimal discomfort, there are several proven methods. They will help not only to improve sleep, but also to normalize the general condition of the woman throughout the day.
How to deal with insomnia:
- Proper nutrition. During the day, eat light and healthy food. The menu should be dominated by products of plant origin, mostly seasonal. No need to fill up for the night, as it can cause problems with sleep.
- Physical activity throughout the day - It is very useful for menopause. Moderate physical activity, walking, doing household chores contribute to a better sleep. But it is very important not to overdo physical exertion, as overwork can disrupt sleep.
- Comfortable conditions. In the bedroom before bedtime it is necessary to conduct airing. Pay attention to the temperature and humidity levels. Indeed, in a hot, stuffy room is difficult to sleep and how to sleep.
- Relaxing before bed. Relaxing baths are effective methods of dealing with insomnia. In order to obtain the expected effect in the water is not hotter than 37 degrees, you can add essential oils that promote relaxation - peach, pink, orange, lavender. You can also listen to soothing music.
Insomnia during menopause: women's problem and how to solve it
The climacteric period is an important but extremely unpleasant moment in the life of every woman.
This is the stage of extinction of reproductive ability, when the production of sex hormones by the ovaries is significantly reduced, which affects the functioning of the whole organism, the general well-being of a woman.
Sleep disorders are not the last among all known signs of this condition. Let's try to understand the features of the physiology of this period and what to do and how to deal with insomnia during menopause.
How to recognize menopause?
Normally, menopause occurs at 47 years old (from 44 to 51 years). There are cases of too early or late menopause. Changing the level of estrogen, progesterone zastragivaet all organs. Particularly affected are the vascular, nervous, urogenital systems, the clinical manifestations of which occur immediately. How can a woman understand that her body has entered menopause?
First, the regular menstrual cycle is disturbed, which is characterized by:
- delayed menstruation,
- reduction of their duration (rarely monthly lasting longer than usual),
- a decrease in secretions,
- complete cessation of menstruation.
The most common symptoms of menopause in many women can be considered the following:
- Increased blood pressure, palpitations, arrhythmia, shortness of breath.
- Headaches, dizziness.
- Tides - sudden bouts of heat, accompanied by redness of the face, neck, sweating (lasts up to 5-7 minutes).
- Sleep disturbance of a different nature.
- Dysuric, sexual disorders (increased urination, burning in the urethra, dryness, itching in the vagina).
- Changes in the psyche: anxiety, irritability, nervousness, tearfulness, suspiciousness (up to the development of severe depression).
Causes of Insomnia in Menopause
The main and immediate cause of sleep disorders is an imbalance of sex hormones. Lack of estrogen leads to a decrease in the amount of magnesium entering the body with food. This trace element is responsible for muscle relaxation, reduces anxiety, nervous tension.
It is not surprising that its lack affects the processes of falling asleep and the duration of sleep. Constant tides at night increase the swelling of the mucous membrane of the upper respiratory tract, leading to snoring with apnea.
Together with estrogen, the production of progesterone is reduced, which has a slight hypnotic effect.
Insomnia, which lasts more than one month, is dangerous because a woman constantly feels tired, it is difficult for her to cope with ordinary things and enjoy life.
In addition to hormones, psychological causes also affect sleep disorders during menopause, because new symptoms (blood pressure, anxiety, irritability, concerns about health and relationships with the opposite sex, suspiciousness) significantly affect the female psyche.
You can also identify several additional factors that aggravate the condition and adversely affect the body:
- Bad habits (smoking, alcohol, drugs, coffee).
- Hard mental work.
- Chronic diseases (diabetes mellitus, angina pectoris, ischemic disease, autoimmune diseases).
These factors not only create an additional burden on the female body, but also reduce the effectiveness of hormone replacement therapy.
The consequences of sleep disorders in menopause
Chronic lack of sleep can trigger a number of somatic and psychological diseases in women, which is why it is so important to start the fight as soon as possible. Everyone, perhaps, knows the state of weakness, weakness after a sleepless night. It is worth noting that these are not the most dangerous states. Sleep disorders can be the cause of much more serious pathologies:
- Violation of cerebral circulation, heart attacks.
- Migraines with aura (getting rid of them is hard).
- Violation of sensitivity in the limbs, chronic pain in the joints and muscles.
- Hypertonic disease.
- Mental disorders (neurosis, depression).
Climax should not become a reason for the rejection of physical exertion, on the contrary, moderate exercise, aerobics and morning exercises contribute to improving mood and getting rid of insomnia.
The lack of proper sleep at night leads to a decrease in immunity, the ability to resist infections is impaired, the nervous, vascular, and endocrine systems are depleted.
The memory, thinking, attention, concentration, reaction to external influences are noticeably deteriorating. Insomnia adversely affects family relationships when a woman is simply physically unable to provide adequate attention to her husband and children.
Irritability and suspiciousness lead to conflicts at work and in a team.
When insomnia occurs during menopause, what to do, tell the attending doctor. The most effective method of dealing with sleep disorders during menopause will be prescribing hormone replacement therapy to a woman in pills. After all, it is the lack of hormones that leads to all the listed symptoms. Due to the correctly chosen scheme of medication intake:
- normal blood pressure
- hot flashes, headaches, chills, sweating,
- along with them, nervousness, fear, irritability, panic, anxiety.
The restructuring of the female body, the rejection of the changes, anxiety and apathy - all this causes insomnia during menopause.
Additionally, sedatives, sedative herbs, massage courses, and physiotherapy can be prescribed. In severe cases of persistent insomnia with menopause, the following drugs are used:
In any case, only a gynecologist can prescribe medications.
Sleeping pills during menopause can be applied intermittently!
Lifestyle change plays an important role in getting rid of insomnia.
How to treat insomnia with menopause diet? Nutrition should be balanced, diverse, compensating for the lack of magnesium, calcium, as well as other elements and vitamins that are not suited to a woman during menopause. Do not overeat, drink coffee and tonic before bedtime.
Try to have dinner no later than 2 hours before bedtime.
Full physical activity
Swimming, jogging, aerobics, cycling, visiting pearl baths and massage will allow you to relax, remove excess nervous and muscular tension, adjust to positive thinking.
Comfortable conditions for sleeping in the bedroom, airing, aromatherapy, homeopathic remedies, orthopedic mattress, soft linen and other methods of beneficial effects on the muscles and nervous system contribute to the speedy sleep and improve the quality, duration of sleep.
Mode of work and rest
How to get rid of insomnia with menopause with a properly organized schedule of the day? Obligatory observance of this condition will help the woman to avoid sharp fluctuations of mood.
It is necessary to take breaks in work, not to overstrain, not to get upset over trifles. It is also important to follow your own schedule for bedtime and awakening.
Over time, the body will get used to the new regime, and the problem of insomnia will disappear.
It is necessary to take a comprehensive approach to the treatment of sleep disorders in menopause, using all possible methods of folk therapy, remedies for insomnia with menopause, drugs, then you can defeat the illness and enjoy life again!
Have you ever experienced insomnia ?! Of course, you know firsthand what it is: frequent sleepless nights, fatigue, decreased working ability, mood, daytime sleepiness, a feeling of constant lack of sleep ..
- And now answer the question: does it suit you?
- Is it possible to endure?
- Are you ready to live like this?
- And how much money have you “lowered” for ineffective treatment?
That's right - it's time to stop with this! Do you agree? That is why we decided to publish an exclusive interview with Elena Malysheva, in which she revealed the secret of getting rid of insomnia.
Read the interview further >>
Elimination of insomnia in menopause
Sleep for a person is necessary. Full night rest for menopausal women is especially important. After all, many of the manifestations that occur in this particular period of life may increase as a result of constant lack of sleep. Therefore, the elimination of insomnia in menopause is an important task.
In view of the fact that insomnia may occur due to a lack of estrogen in the body or caused by other manifestations of menopause, also developing as a result of a deficiency of these sex hormones, treatment usually involves hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or the use of natural products containing phytoestrogens. With hormone therapy, hormonal drugs containing female hormonal analogues are used in women. Treatment with such hormonal drugs is recommended in the minimum dosage and for the shortest possible time, since different side effects may occur during HRT (for example, uterine bleeding, breast tenderness, change in body weight, headache, nausea, edema). It also increases the risk of serious complications such as thrombosis, breast cancer and myocardial infarction. That is why many experts give natural products based on phytoestrogens.
Phytoestrogens have the properties of estrogen and are close to them in chemical structure. At the same time, phytoestrogens are not hormones, but they act on the female body like estrogens, due to which they have the ability to eliminate the negative manifestations of menopause.
Phytoestrogens are found in the following plants: barley and wheat (whole grains), red clover, tsimitsifuga, soy.
Products based on phytoestrogens are recommended for women who have contraindications to hormone replacement therapy, as well as an alternative to hormone therapy.
Thus, the phytoestrogenic agent Cleverol can be used as a safe alternative to HRT, which helps eliminate the symptoms of menopause caused by estrogen deficiency. The active ingredient in Cloverol is a natural red clover extract.
Phytoestrogens in its composition are called isoflavones, can not only eliminate hot flashes, insomnia and other negative manifestations of menopause, but also have an anticarcinogenic effect (preventing the development of cancer).
In addition, isoflavones have a beneficial effect on the state of the cardiovascular system and prevent the occurrence of osteoporosis.
This phytoestrogen remedy is convenient to use: to eliminate insomnia and other negative manifestations of menopause (in particular, those disturbing sleep), it is enough to take Cleverol 1 capsule per day.
In addition to the use of special means, for effective elimination of insomnia, a woman should also observe the regime of work and rest - she should avoid overwork. Proper nutrition, daily moderate exercise and avoiding smoking, alcohol abuse and other bad habits are also important.
Compliance with the above recommendations will help to effectively eliminate insomnia, as well as other symptoms of menopause and ensure proper sleep.
Peculiarities of menopause
Since the beginning of this period, insomnia develops in many, but not all. Of great importance is the way of life - if there are overloads or everyday problems, as well as chronic diseases, then, most likely, the climate will be difficult. This happens because a decrease in the production of sex hormones entails a decrease in the production of melatonin, the main sleep hormone.
Both women and men are occasionally disturbed by "hot flashes" or a sensation of heat in the upper half of the body, followed by profuse sweating. In women, this symptom is much more common. "Tides" are accompanied by headache and palpitations, come more often at night than disturb sleep.
Emotional instability is another mandatory feature. At this time, every little thing literally infuriates, causes violent tears or excitement. Emotions are negative, even if there are no objective reasons for this.
Frequent night ascents to the toilet and itching of the genital organs accompany atrophy of the mucous membranes of the urogenital tract. Violation of the quality and duration of sleep affects daytime performance, and this greatly interferes with working women. After the climacteric period, many continue to work actively for another 15-20 years. Lack of normal rest causes discomfort up to "volatile" pain in the whole body, which only increases anxiety.
Incomplete muscle relaxation is another effect caused by a lack of estrogen. Tense muscles also make it difficult to plunge into deep sleep.
Insomnia overweight, low physical activity, addiction to caffeine, smoking and alcohol.
It is necessary to consult a doctor after the first week of sleep disorders, since the longer the disorder exists, the harder it is to cope with it. Long-term sleep disorders lead to depletion of the nervous system, decreased immunity, vascular problems.
This is primarily Phenazepam, which does not require special accounting for its turnover and is implemented in the pharmacy network according to a simple prescription.
Other drugs in this group, if necessary, may be prescribed by a psychiatrist or psychotherapist — Lorazepam, Diazepam, Nitrazepam, and the like. None of these tools can be taken for a long time, because they quickly develop addiction and dependence. The doctor prescribes the lowest possible dosage for a short time in order to alleviate the urgency of the experience.
The full effect of using Phenazepam develops on the 7th day. It has the best effect on anxiety, eliminating all disorders - when falling asleep, during sleep and after waking up.
Used if depression has become the leading clinical syndrome. These drugs are prescribed exclusively by the doctor, their use is adjusted depending on the rate of regression of the main manifestations.
There is a direct link between insomnia and depression - the deeper the depression, the more severe the sleep disorder. Preference is given to drugs from the group of SSRIs or serotonin reuptake inhibitors. These are Prozac, Paxil and the like. Sometimes antidepressants from other groups are prescribed - tricyclic, sedatives.
These are Melaxen, Apik Melatonin and Vika Melatonin. These drugs have contraindications, you can not take them yourself. Cause a dream that is close to the natural, but accompanied by bright color dreams. The action develops within 40 minutes. In the first days of admission, swelling is possible, which lasts no longer than 4 hours after awakening.
These are non-prescription drugs Donormil and Doxylamine, having a soluble effervescent form. Inhibit areas of the brain responsible for increased nervous excitability. Peak concentration is reached after 1 hour. However, the half-life is 12 hours, so using drugs on weekdays is difficult, until the middle of the day there will be drowsiness.
Among the many herbal medicines, menopause preference is given to those that contain phytoestrogens. A popular remedy is Cloverol containing a red clover hood.
The main active ingredients belong to the group of isoflavones, which not only cope with insomnia and hot flashes, but also resist the formation of tumors. The chemical structure of isoflavones resembles that of estrogen, and interacts with its receptors. It is important that Cleverol has a multifaceted effect - eliminates, among others, vegetative and emotional disorders. The perspiration softens, daytime sleepiness decreases, the frequency of tides decreases, the mood is leveled.
Some women react to Cloverol in a paradoxical way - their body mass increases, their mammary glands swell, and bloody discharge from the vagina appears. Therefore, despite the vegetable origin, it is undesirable to use Cloverol without consulting a doctor.
This group includes excellent herbal remedies Novo-Passit, Persen, Fito-sedan, Sedafiton, peony tincture and others.
Improving sleep conditions
These are simple health and sleep hygiene actions that cannot be ignored.
Simple but unavoidable recommendations:
- balanced nutrition with plenty of animal protein and vegetables, light dinner,
- moderate physical activity in the morning, so that your muscles are a little tired - walking home from work, climbing the stairs without an elevator, homework, fitness without fatigue, walking in the fresh air, especially in wet and windy weather,
- comfortable bed, orthopedic mattress with a pillow, warm blanket, fresh linen of soft colors, warm herbal bath,
- silence, darkness and clean air in the bedroom,
- quiet lessons at bedtime - reading, handicraft, quiet music,
- Sex with your favorite partner is the best natural sleeping pill.
It is advisable to avoid overloading information, if possible. Many families deliberately refuse to television, and this brings its positive results.
Using the world wide web as a universal reference and means of communication is in itself wonderful, if it does not interfere with sleep. Virtual habitat can not replace either live communication or the influence of nature.
It is needed not so much for direct influence on the quality and duration of sleep, as for a person to realize the benefits of an upcoming elderly age. This is especially true for women due to the loss of attractiveness. It is required to reorient the person to other pleasures of life.
The correction is aimed at reducing the level of stress, awareness of the path traveled, the value of the family, highlighting the achievements.
Suggestive techniques have a good effect, they help to shift the accents of perception to other aspects of life. A doctor assists in self-realization if a woman has postponed this whole life.